Import DAZ Studio content to Carrara

wsxcwsxc Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

1.I have two content directories: Poser type (\Runtime) and DAZ Studio type (\Studio\My Library).
I tried to import it into Carrara 8. Poser content was imported, but DAZ Studio content wasn't. It shows only content from \Studio\My Library\Runtime. All the content from Studio\My Library (like Genesis and most of the DAZ Studio content) doesn't imported.
How can I deal with it?

2.Is it possible to import the whole DAZ Studio 4 scene into Carrara 8?

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI wsxc :)

Carrara 8 will import and use all your Daz3D "Poser type" content from your runtime.

Genesis currently only works in Carrara 8.5 (Beta) which is still being developed.

You can import a Daz Scene, depending on what's in it.
    for example:,
    Some things like Uber-environment are specific to Daz Studio, so those type of things won't work in any other program.

In the Carrara 8.5 (Beta), you can import the new "DUF" files, as well as loading Genesis and clothing from the new "Smart content" tab in the carrara browser.

Using Daz Studio 4.5, you can save "presets" for Characters, Materials , poses and animations, etc.. In the new DUF format which can then be applied to your figures in Carrara.

If you want to use Carrara, you'll learn more about how Carrara works if you start by creating the scene in Carrara, rather than importing a complete scene from another program, ..but it is possible to import a Daz Studio Scene in DUF format into the 8.5 beta.

Hope it helps :)

• wsxcwsxc Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

HI wsxc

If you want to use Carrara, you’ll learn more about how Carrara works if you start by creating the scene in Carrara, rather than importing a complete scene from another programI'm switching to Carrara completely, but I don't want to lose my incomplete projects.
    it is possible to import a Daz Studio Scene in DUF format into the 8.5 beta.
    How? DAZ Studio allows to save the whole scene only in DAZ format. Only separate items can be saved in DSF format.
    There are also many "Export" formats, but I don't know what to choose in order to import in Carrara.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

wsxc said:
    HI wsxc

If you want to use Carrara, you’ll learn more about how Carrara works if you start by creating the scene in Carrara, rather than importing a complete scene from another programI'm switching to Carrara completely, but I don't want to lose my incomplete projects.
    it is possible to import a Daz Studio Scene in DUF format into the 8.5 beta.
    How? DAZ Studio allows to save the whole scene only in DAZ format. Only separate items can be saved in DSF format.
    There are also many "Export" formats, but I don't know what to choose in order to import in Carrara.

You need DS 4,5