Utility of old morphs in genesis

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Predatron has some head morph sets available in PA sale today (for some generation 3 characters).

1) If I purchase these sets that add new head morphs to M3, for instance, would I be able to use these morphs on Genesis if I also purchased Genesis Generation X and the relevant add on packs (for the Generation 3 figures)?

2) Could these morphs be applied/blended with any Genesis figure? Or could M3 Predatron morphs only be applied to a Genesis figure set to its M3 morph?

3) Are the morphs within M3, D3, F3 very different from one another, or would a single pack probably suffice if my purpose is strictly to use these morphs on a Genesis figure (and therefore not needing equal copies for F3, M3, and D3)?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

1) Yes, I'm pretty sure you would.

2) Yes, but remember that a morph is a relative change - so if the starting shape is different the result will be different. But of course that applies to mixing multiple morphs on the original figure as it does to using converted morphs without the original figure's shape morph.

3) not sure - I do have most of them, but I haven't worked with the figures for a while. They will take account of the starting shape, so if you are planning to use them as generic morphs I would think you'd want to start with the M3 or possibly the D3 sets, perhaps adding F3 if you plan to use a freak-style shape with them.

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard. I'll probably purchase one of the packs now while on sale and see how it works.