hair between generations

Is there any way to properly use, say, Genesis 2 hair on a Genesis 3 model? I'm pretty sure I saw a converter in the shop at one point but I can't find it anymore.

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,900

Keep in mind that if you can't convert the hair, you can often parent the hair to someone's head, move it/adjust it about right, and then set it to collide with the figure so that the hair fits around stuff right.

Sometimes it's worth doing this even if the hair is for the generation you're using.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

You don't need a converter. Many people wind up buying all these converters they don't need.

What you do is load the Genesis 3 figure and keep it selected in your Scene view (orange bar highlighted) and then in the Content Library navigate to DAz Studio Formats - Library - Genesis 2 Female - Hair and double click the hair you want model to wear. DAZ Studio will then ask what model was the hair originally intended for and from the dropdown you select Genesis 2 Female. Then it asked what the product you are loading is intended to be used on and you choose from the drop down - a Hair product.

With DAZ Studio if can play around and not ruin the original installtion files so don't fret if you try to load something and it fails. Just delete the product you don't want loaded anymore in the scene tab.

• SheerANONYMOUSSheerANONYMOUS Posts: 54
    edited March 2016

You don't need a converter. Many people wind up buying all these converters they don't need.

What you do is load the Genesis 3 figure and keep it selected in your Scene view (orange bar highlighted) and then in the Content Library navigate to DAz Studio Formats - Library - Genesis 2 Female - Hair and double click the hair you want model to wear. DAZ Studio will then ask what model was the hair originally intended for and from the dropdown you select Genesis 2 Female. Then it asked what the product you are loading is intended to be used on and you choose from the drop down - a Hair product.

With DAZ Studio if can play around and not ruin the original installtion files so don't fret if you try to load something and it fails. Just delete the product you don't want loaded anymore in the scene tab.

See that I can do, the problem is that the hair that I'm using (currently the Charm hair that comes with the program) doesn't seem to play well with the body morph I've set up, nor can I use any of the colors for it.

Edit: Never Mind, I got the color to work.

Post edited by SheerANONYMOUS on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

See that I can do, the problem is that the hair that I'm using (currently the Charm hair that comes with the program) doesn't seem to play well with the body morph I've set up, nor can I use any of the colors for it.

Edit: Never Mind, I got the color to work.

For that problem I suggest reparenting to the head and playing with the collision settings as Mr Timmins suggested.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Are selecting the hair in both the scene and Surfaces before applying the color preset?