Scaling Figures Without Distorting Clothes in Carrara

MalinthasMalinthas Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am using Carrara 8.5.172 64-bit on a Windows 7 machine, 4 cores and 8 GiB memory. When I bring, say, Victoria 4.2 into a scene and dress her, I cannot scale her at all without the figure and clothes "imploding". I have a scene where all of my figures are too small, and another where they are all too big; it's easier to resize a few figures, rather than the 100+ elements in the scene. Besides, what if I want a giant or a pixie? It seems odd that I can't scale human figures like I can anything else. What am I missing? Is there a checkbox someplace I need to clear? Healp a beginner out, intertube folk! :cheese:

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Can you scale the clothes the same percentage before conforming?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,863
    edited December 1969

I usually group each of my figures and their clothes (hold shift, select them all, go to edit, group)
    this enables not only scaling but using them in repicators etc.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Malinthas

Can you post a screen-capture of what you're doing,. pics always help :)

If you have clothing "fitted" to the figure, and then you choose to scale that figure, then the Clothing should scale along with that figure.

I have a scene where all of my figures are too small, and another where they are all too big;

Are you using the same Scene scale,...
    There are three choices in Carrara for a New scene,..
    Small,. for things like a "product shot"
    Medium. for working with Human scale figures.
    Large, for landscapes and BIG scenes.

Note,. If you create a small scene, or a Large scene,. Any figures you load, will load at their normal scale, and will either look Tiny or gigantic, depending on the scene scale.

If you want to work with figures,. use a Medium scale scene,..
    You can still add large landscapes, or small objects into that scene, but you will be working to a Human scale.

:)