Amazing Skins for G2 by V3Digitimes broken?

BookieBookie Posts: 82

Tried to apply this skin shaders to the standard G2Male and later other G2Males like Gianni6 or Lee6. I applied the base V3D-Applier material, and the skin changes a bit in color, so I guess, the base shader is applied. Then I applied color from the color folder, but really nothing changes on the figure, which is still selected. I tried gloss, the same result, nothing happens in rendering, no gloss, no color change. Full presets do not work either.

What's wrong, is it broken with the latest Version of Daz 3D? I deinstalled and then reinstalled it, but with the same effect. Nothing happens, no skin color change. Please help, if an of V3Digitimes' people are here reading this.

Btw, it would be cool, if the readme would contain a support email adress.

Thx,

Peter

Post edited by Bookie on

Comments

• Support is provided by Daz - if need be they ask the PA for additional information, but support is one of the things PAs pay Daz for. http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

Which render engine are you using - Iray or 3Delight?

• BookieBookie Posts: 82

Thx for the link. I used IRay.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

Unfortunately,,  The shader and preset  is for 3delight render .,, may better re-fund the item. and get product for iray. (though I have bought the product, and plan to get new one of  V3Digitimes for iray,,)

or you may ask vendor,,

http://www.daz3d.com/iray-smart-converter-and-advanced-skin-managers-for-genesis-2

if  it work for the puropose,,, (but I prefer get item which desigend for iray,,not get product which need to convert for iray )

And,, when the product released,, daz studio have not iray renderer. then there is no discirbe about the product. (it should be made for 3delight ,, then we needed  not to check it)

Oh, not for IRay? Didn't read any word about this fact in the description. I never use 3delight for rendering. Is there a possibility to make my purchase undone?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    Bookie said:

Oh, not for IRay? Didn't read any word about this fact in the description. I never use 3delight for rendering. Is there a possibility to make my purchase undone?

If you bough it within the last 30 days DAZ will do a refund, you just need to raise a case requesting it

• Open a ticket http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us and select Sale Support as the department.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,072
    Bookie said:

Oh, not for IRay? Didn't read any word about this fact in the description.

It was probably released before Iray was added to DS.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

Yes,, so that vendor can not discribe it (or need not).. but I think it is duty of the shop.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,060
    edited March 2016

Yes,, so that vendor can not discribe it (or need not).. but I think it is duty of the shop.

Hello all,

I just discover this thread. Indeed, all the "Amazing Skins", and "Skin Masters" products do work ONLY with 3Delight and NOT with Iray. When I created them, I did not need to specify that it was for 3Delight, since it was the only render engine for Daz Studio (it was then useless to specify).

A few weeks ago, I asked an update of all the "Amazing Skins" products, or at least the ones who are still popular, with the sentence "Amazing Skins products are compatible with 3Delight only". I essentially wanted to avoid what is happening today, meaning that somebody tries to use it with Iray, and has a bad opinion of my job because the render engine was not specified in the product description. It seems that the changes I asked have not been made, maybe because I did not ask the right person, or maybe because I did not follow the right procedure, maybe because it is not considered as a "priority", maybe all these reasons, but I don't know the exact reason why. I am going to ask once again these changes to be made.

I'm sorry about that.

Bookie, my best advice is to have my product refund. If it is too late for that (more than 30 days), just let me know by PM, we'll find something.

Thanks to everybody who answered here, sometimes I don't see these threads...

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate this.

I purchased it Nov 2015 and never got it to work, now I know the reason why. wink
    I started seriously working with DAZ 3D last year, and so for me both render engines were present side by side from the beginning. I was not aware of the fact that 3delight was first and IRay was added later. So I just looked for the compatible figures and compatible software before purchasing Amazing Skins, btw, a great addition from my point of view.

Again, thx for your help 

Best regards,
    Peter