Reality 2 problem: why does it do this when I try to load these textures?

ToobisToobis Posts: 932
edited December 1969 in The Commons

when I try to load M4 genitals on Daz and then try and render a scene with reality 2 it comes up with "M4 Genitalia is a Sub D figure. Sub D is undocumented by daz and cannot be accessed by reality"

What does this mean please??!! is there something I can do?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

I think if you select the item and set the Mesh resolution to base in the Parameters pane it will work. SubD is the process used to smooth the mesh, but it's done by the 3Delight renderer and therefore not available to Reality.

• ToobisToobis Posts: 932
    edited December 1969

I think if you select the item and set the Mesh resolution to base in the Parameters pane it will work. SubD is the process used to smooth the mesh, but it's done by the 3Delight renderer and therefore not available to Reality.

sorry can you elaborate on this pls? I selected the item but there is no mesh resolution option in the parameters tab. This is daz 3.1 by the way.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I think I saw M4 and read it as DS4. Unless you've customised the figure just save a pose preset and a character preset for the genitals then reload them from the library and in PowerLoader go to the Advanced tab>Mesh resolution subtab and uncheck Convert to Subdivision Surface. Conform to M4, apply your pose and character presets to get it back to where it was and it should work.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Toobis said:
    when I try to load M4 genitals on Daz and then try and render a scene with reality 2 it comes up with "M4 Genitalia is a Sub D figure. Sub D is undocumented by daz and cannot be accessed by reality"

What does this mean please??!! is there something I can do?

This sounds like you are using DS3. Subdivision export in the DS SDK is one of the things that DS4 provides proper support for, while DS3 did not. Reality will read subdivision just fine in DS4.