My Valley

shaykallshaykall Posts: 109
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Here is my latest render, I am not overly happy with the valley walls, I think I need to delve into the DTE to get the vision I have in my minds eye.

My_Valley.jpg
595 x 842 - 32K

Comments

• shaykallshaykall Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

Re rendered My Valley into 3D...

MyValleyANA.jpg
    595 x 842 - 74K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Have merged this with your previous post.

I can undo this if you wish, but it seemed better to have them together.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Have merged this with your previous post.

I can undo this if you wish, but it seemed better to have them together.

No Problems, I thought that the anaglyph pic should have gone in the Anaglyph post, but this is better :)

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

shaykall said:
    Here is my latest render, I am not overly happy with the valley walls, I think I need to delve into the DTE to get the vision I have in my minds eye.

It's actually not that bad looking the scaling and frequency of the texture need to be tweaked a little and the waterfall mist seems a bit dense but other then that not too bad.

edited December 1969

shaykall said:

It's actually not that bad looking the scaling and frequency of the texture need to be tweaked a little and the waterfall mist or cloud or whatever that white mass along the cliff wall in the distance is seems a bit dense but other then that not too bad.

edited September 2012

shaykall said:

It's actually not that bad looking the scaling and frequency of the texture need to be tweaked a little and the waterfall mist or cloud or whatever that white mass along the cliff wall in the distance is seems a bit dense but other then that not too bad.

It's actually not that bad looking the scaling and frequency of the texture need to be tweaked a little

I think I can do this, will have a play and actually see if I can :)

Thar white mass is supposed to be a mist but not sure how to decrease the density, I didn't want to have it this dense, but this I cannot do at the moment.. but will go have a try :)

Yes I can decrease the density, I found it , now the walls..

ps: lol no I can't, I can't get the condition that I want...

Post edited by shaykall on
    edited December 1969

shaykall said:
    shaykall said:

It's actually not that bad looking the scaling and frequency of the texture need to be tweaked a little

I think I can do this, will have a play and actually see if I can :)

Thar white mass is supposed to be a mist but not sure how to decrease the density, I didn't want to have it this dense, but this I cannot do at the moment.. but will go have a try :)

Yes I can decrease the density, I found it , now the walls..

ps: lol no I can't, I can't get the condition that I want...

Maybe David Brinnen will pop in to answer that? He's a Kung Fu Master of materials. :)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120
    edited December 1969

Anaglyph doesn't work for me. The part farther away is ok but the nearer parts are the problem. Going left cyan and right red gives a somewhat better effect, but it's wrong as well. Something went amiss.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Feel free to post me

if you want any help with the textures for the walls of your canyon. As for the anaglyph, hopefully Horo and I will be able to offer you a bespoke solution to this challenge very soon, on sale at a most reasonable price... fingers crossed and all that - new website permitting.
    edited December 1969

Feel free to post me
    if you want any help with the textures for the walls of your canyon. As for the anaglyph, hopefully Horo and I will be able to offer you a bespoke solution to this challenge very soon, on sale at a most reasonable price... fingers crossed and all that - new website permitting.

if you want any help with the textures for the walls of your canyon. Thank you David, I will take you up on the offer, I do need help with the texturing, I am trying to achieve a specific look but am struggling on how to do it, the same with that mist cloud..

Horo and I will be able to offer you a bespoke solution

I had to go look and see what bespoke meant lol, I have seen the advert at the bottom of your post and am eagerly awaiting the 14th,

I am really interested in the Anaglyph method especially after looking at that cave scene you posted a short while back, and my attempts are just not quite right..

@Horo, I noticed myself that it just wasn't quite there, I used the mist cloud as the target but you are right there is something just amiss.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Actually, you didn't see that advert - I have discovered that "PA's are not permitted to say when their sale day is coming up." - so lets just say it's sometime in the future ;) to avoid getting into trouble with the forum moderators.

edited December 1969

Actually, you didn't see that advert - I have discovered that "PA's are not permitted to say when their sale day is coming up." - so lets just say it's sometime in the future ;) to avoid getting into trouble with the forum moderators.

What advert? I don't see no advert, just a picture you obviously like so much you added it to your signature. Nor did I here you say anything about anything especially when your products are going on sale and I'll swear to that on a rendered bible. :)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120
    edited December 1969

@LordHardDriven - :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

I can't wait for the future :)