Coming Back to DAZstudio

I have been away from DAZ for a couple of years. Now I am coming back. I downloaded and installed DAZ 4.9 Pro. and got most of my old content back. Just the old Poser stuff is lost. My question is how do upgrade to DAZ advanced and Animate 2? Do I have to repurchase them ? are thy even avvalible?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,072

There's no DAZ Studio Advanced anymore, the free version is the Pro one.

For Animate 2 you will need to enter your serial number to register the plugin (you'll find the serial in "My account" section here).

When you say "the old poser stuff is gone" what do you mean exactly? You can't find it in the Content Library?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

One small gotcha; you will need to enter the D|S serial number from your Account page, otherwise you'll only have the Pro features active for 30 days. The same goes for any other plugins you bought before that have separate serial numbers.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

IMPORTANT!  Animate 2 is a separate purchase from Studio and will have its own serial number.  Do NOT enter the DAZ Studio serial into the Animate 2 serial slot as it will completely break Studio.

• bodgerbodger Posts: 7

I bought a lot of stuff from renderosity. That stuff is lost becuse it was not in the DAZstudio installer. 

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279
    edited March 2016
    bodger said:

I bought a lot of stuff from renderosity. That stuff is lost becuse it was not in the DAZstudio installer. 

You will need to install those files manually.  I believe it is good to keep the manually-installed files in a seperate content directory.

Post edited by Connatic on
  • bodgerbodger Posts: 7

Yeah But that HD is long dead. I was afraid that my DAZ content would be lost to. But when I installed Daz the DAZ Install Manager took over and all my DAZ content is there. BTW I got Animate 2 working and Puppeteer is working to. I made short animation using animate 2 and I made an aniblock with puppeteer  and it works fine. I did not try to render it. The animation is 40 sec long and 30 FPS It could take a while. tomorrow I will try to render something .a bit shorter.  

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

You will have to redownload them...there is a record kept of your purchases and you can redownload them.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

There are some (not many) things that don't come through DIM.

For those go to

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files

and search for

dim::false

• I have a question myself. I been away from the 3D scene & Studio for several years. I just installed Studio (4.8, not 4.9) and entered my 4.5+ PRO serial number, it gave me a yellow check mark. Shouldn't it have been Green? How can I tell that it actually accepted my serial number without waiting out the 30 days trail?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I have a question myself. I been away from the 3D scene & Studio for several years. I just installed Studio (4.8, not 4.9) and entered my 4.5+ PRO serial number, it gave me a yellow check mark. Shouldn't it have been Green? How can I tell that it actually accepted my serial number without waiting out the 30 days trail?

Look at your serial numbers page from my last post upthread — I can't remember exactly when it was done, but recent D|S free versions don't use the same serial as any earlier bought version. If you bought-for-free your new D|S download, there will be a new serial number in your Accounts, you have to use that instead of your old Pro serial.

• edited March 2016

I have a question myself. I been away from the 3D scene & Studio for several years. I just installed Studio (4.8, not 4.9) and entered my 4.5+ PRO serial number, it gave me a yellow check mark. Shouldn't it have been Green? How can I tell that it actually accepted my serial number without waiting out the 30 days trail?

Look at your serial numbers page from my last post upthread — I can't remember exactly when it was done, but recent D|S free versions don't use the same serial as any earlier bought version. If you bought-for-free your new D|S download, there will be a new serial number in your Accounts, you have to use that instead of your old Pro serial.

I just had a look and I have 2 Daz Studio 4.x Pro [Free] serial numbers, both starting with SDZFPRO. One is the same as my old 4.5 PRO number. The other I think they gave me when I downloaded 4.6. They never gave me one for 4.8 or 4.9. Do I need to go and re-register to get a new one?

Post edited by Billye.Gilbert_38e1281a20 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I just had a look and I have 2 Daz Studio 4.x Pro [Free] serial numbers, both starting with SDZFPRO. One is the same as my old 4.5 RO number. he other I think they gave me when I downloaded 4.6. They never gave me one for 4.8 or 4.9. Do I need to go and re-register to get a new one?

No, the serial numbers should work with all 4.x versions.