Dang it! I want an updated Hexagon! :(

Hiya.

Just a simple statement: I wnat an updated Hexagon 3.0. Full 64-bit with bug fixes.

Is that too much to ask? *sigh*  I've been learning MODO Indie the last few months, and Silo a few months before that. My conclusion? Hexagon is just so much easier to use it's an absolute *joy* to use...right up until I select a face and the program crashes 'just because'. I know the chances of Hex getting fixed/updates is somewhere between 0 and 0.0001%, but dang it all to hell if'n I still don't dream of an updated Hexagon... I actually had a half-awake dream where I thought I should get up, grab some coffee, and get to work using the newly released Hexagon 3.0. Then I actually woke up and realized I was dreaming. :( I was so-o sad it wasn't true that it bumed me out for the whole day!

Anyway...yeah. Just had to get that off my chest again. It's like a time-release pressure gage where ever few months I have to post how much I want an updated Hexagon. It makes me feel better...just a little bit...and helps be delude myself into hoping that maybe oneday DAZ will update Hexagon.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Comments

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

Yes, its unfortunate that it its a 32bit application and subject to the memory limitations. LAA (Large Address Aware) can help though if you have not used it in conjunction with Hexagon. It helped me quite a bit and my preference is still to use Hexagon for less complicated models.

• I agree we need Hexagon updated, I would really like to see it fully integrated into Daz Studio. 

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

I agree we need Hexagon updated, I would really like to see it fully integrated into Daz Studio. 

I think it is better served by using the bridge between Hex and Studio, just like GoZ is used with Studio and ZBrush.  This keeps the programs clean for their specific uses and allows you to quickly do things that can be updated on re-entry as you go to and from the programs. 

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

I would really like to see it fully integrated into Daz Studio. 

No, no, please, no! 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,060

I agree we need Hexagon updated, I would really like to see it fully integrated into Daz Studio. 

I"d rather keep it as a separate app but with the bridge to integrate both. But yes, I want an updated version too!

• pmingpming Posts: 44
    edited March 2016

Hiya!

Me again...

I'd also like to see it with an integrated "GoHex" type thing for any 3D program that wants it. Toss out an SDK at let other companies or programmers make their own GoHex bridge app for whatever software they have. I'd like to see one for Houdini in particular. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that program, but I know enough about it to know that modeling in it is...silly. Way better off to use a different modeling program then import as FBX.

Anyway, yeah, a GoHex app would be wonderful! But first...we need an updated Hexagon. So...GoHex is probably a bit farther down the list...

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Post edited by pming on