What methods can be used to fix warping poser models?

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a poser model that is "warping" in some areas because DAZ likes to merge vertices. Im just wondering what methods people like to use to fix this issue.

I fixed this in a model along time ago. The canopy on a fighter model was warping with the fuselage when it was opened. I believe that I opened the model.obj in hexagon and then I moved the cockpit into the raised position. I then saved and sent it back to DAZ. Since the canopy and fuselage where no longer touching, they no longer merged and warped when maniulated. I cant exactly remember what the process was.

Does anyone know of a more precise method of fixing this issue? Even better, and this may be a long shot, is there any way to prevent DAZ from merging these vertices when the model is loaded?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Does anyone know of a more precise method of fixing this issue? Even better, and this may be a long shot, is there any way to prevent DAZ from merging these vertices when the model is loaded?

Nope...the fix is to bring it into a modelling program and adjust...the exact adjustments needed vary by program and mesh being fixed.

Nope...or not at least without having to re-rig it...

• The issue isn't DS merging vertices - it's that, unlike Poser, it doesn't split them along the group boundaries and then re-merge them only where a group is set to be welded to its child or parent. The fix is simply to cut the group and paste it back in place, no need to change its position.

• The issue isn't DS merging vertices - it's that, unlike Poser, it doesn't split them along the group boundaries and then re-merge them only where a group is set to be welded to its child or parent. The fix is simply to cut the group and paste it back in place, no need to change its position.

Oh wow... Thanks Richard, that was easy enough. I just tried it on one area but it works just fine now!

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2016

The issue isn't DS merging vertices - it's that, unlike Poser, it doesn't split them along the group boundaries and then re-merge them only where a group is set to be welded to its child or parent. The fix is simply to cut the group and paste it back in place, no need to change its position.

Well thats crazy! I fixed the issue on one erea and it automatically fixed all of the areas!

Edit: "Area" is not spelled E, R, E, A !

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • I have come across a few models where things get more complex, but it is usually a fairly simple fix.

I have come across a few models where things get more complex, but it is usually a fairly simple fix.

Why is it that I always seem to find the more complex ones?

I have come across a few models where things get more complex, but it is usually a fairly simple fix.

Why is it that I always seem to find the more complex ones?