Database Maintence "Reimport metadata"

So! Hello everyone been a while since ive posted but havent had any issues of late untill recently.

I noticed alot of my stuff doesnt show up in smart library, So i have to reimport metadata, But when i do this half my library vanishes BUT the items i was missing before suddenly are there. I reimport a second time the old content appears again and the other stuff vanishes again, I tried purging all user content, reinstalling and so fourth but always the same thing, Not ALL my content is available.

What can I do?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Is this using Valentina or PostgreSQL?

• I have no clue what that means.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

What version of DS are you using?  Do you install software with Daz Install Manager or stand-alone installers?

• I use whatever the curent build is thru DIM, And alitte of both, I install 90% of my content via DIM except for stuff from like Renderotica or that other 3d place thats partners with renderotica but minus the adult stuff.

• 4.9 to be exact, I have DAZ4.9

• >_> Cause i really dont want to go thru the headache of reinstalling everything again just to have to import metadata after every single install just to see if it does proper.

• Anyone out there? Really annoying having my items vanish and have to spend ten minutes to reimport metadata to make them appear then reimport again to access the rest of my stuff.

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited March 2016

I had a similar problem and to solve it I had to uninstall Daz Studio and the PostgreSQL. Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\cms and rename or remove the ContentCluster folder and the cmscfg.json file located there. (If you can not see your AppData folder, type %appdata% in the Start menu and Windows will open the hidden folder.)Once you have done that, reinstall Daz Studio and the PostgreSQL. Then open Daz Studio and re-import metadata.
    With the box checked that userdata overwrites product data.
    To do this, right click on the Content Library pane, choose Content DB Maintenance, tick Re-Import Metadata, click Accept. Tick User Data and All Products and click Accept.

Don`t know if it works for you but it doesn`t hurt to try it.

Post edited by R25S on
  • Thank you, for the moment this seems to have worked, atleast more of m y content i can see now, Will have to do a indepth review in a bit to see if its all there, But thank you.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

I hope the method described by R25S works for you. I was not aware of that method when I had similar problems.

I had a similar problem with the first released version of DS 4.9. I think my database had been corrupted because database conversion issues in the beta versions and the first released DS 4.9 version. I think Daz has corrected those problems in the latest 4.9.1.30, so people converting from 4.8 now should not have those problems. However, I was unable to recover from the corruption I had, and  I eventually reset my database. Since doing the reset and reinstallation, I have not had any of those problems with disappearing products.

I am not necessarily recommending that you reset your database; I just want to tell you what worked for me. Resetting the database is drastic, and you will need to reinstall your products. If you used DIM to install and kept the zip files, reinstallation goes pretty fast, because you don't have to download again. If you did not have DIM keep the zip files, you will have to download them all again.

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    barbult said:

I am not necessarily recommending that you reset your database; I just want to tell you what worked for me. Resetting the database is drastic, and you will need to reinstall your products. If you used DIM to install and kept the zip files, reinstallation goes pretty fast, because you don't have to download again. If you did not have DIM keep the zip files, you will have to download them all again.

I was recomanded to a reset of the database first, too... wich I did.... but after the uninstall of DAZ Studio (as descriped above) everything was back - without a new download and re-installation (and I haven`t keept the ZIP Files. Only a few things (10 or so) needed a new download and re-install.

• stefan.humsstefan.hums Posts: 130
    barbult said:

Resetting the database is drastic, and you will need to reinstall your products.

No! It's not necessary to install all content new. Resetting the database only requires a reimport of the metadata, nothing else.

I have done a database reset three days ago, because I messed up the default product categories by deleting some of them due to a mistake. After resetting the database and simply reimporting the metadata, all was there again where it should be. Products and categories in the Content Library and also Smart Content. There was no need to reinstall something.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

I know this thread has been idle for a few months.

In my experience, after resettng the database, reimporting metadata did not restore Daz Connect products to the "Installed" state. They still showed in the Available tab as gray icons. All the files were still in the cloud/data folder, but the products appeared to be uninstalled as far as the program was concerned. Reinstall Metadata DID  work correctly for DIM installed products.

• R25S said:

I had a similar problem and to solve it I had to uninstall Daz Studio and the PostgreSQL. Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\cms and rename or remove the ContentCluster folder and the cmscfg.json file located there. (If you can not see your AppData folder, type %appdata% in the Start menu and Windows will open the hidden folder.)Once you have done that, reinstall Daz Studio and the PostgreSQL. Then open Daz Studio and re-import metadata.
    With the box checked that userdata overwrites product data.
    To do this, right click on the Content Library pane, choose Content DB Maintenance, tick Re-Import Metadata, click Accept. Tick User Data and All Products and click Accept.

Don`t know if it works for you but it doesn`t hurt to try it.

YOU ARE A GOD SEND!  Worked like a BOSS! Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo MUCH!

• Thank you to R25S i had this problem since updating to 4.9 no metadata but this as fixed it thank you very much

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,989

As a note, if you have custom edits to the data base entries, or categories, it is recommended that you make a backup of the database before resetting it.Otherwise, you will need to re-categorize everything again...