Runtime DNA content migration and download

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    DAZ_Steve said:

In order to avoid this becoming a problem for those that may own content that does not migrate (which should be a very small list, but we'll have clearer insight on that exact list soon), We're pleased to let you know that downloads of previously purchased items at Runtime DNA, however, will continue to be downloadable from there until the end of 2016. 

I'm a bit unsure if I'm reading this correctly so could you please clarify...If I have bought items for Dawn or Dusk from RDNA will I still be able to download those items from my account here?

So our orders with RDNA will not be fully translated as previously stated? Or am I misunderstanding what you've said? If it's how I'm reading it I'm very disappointed in this as I thought all of our orders were coming here and would be able to be downloaded...

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited February 2016

I changed all my RDNA account info to match my daz account,  I down loaded all my past purchases and stored them in my back up drive  along with the copy of the RDNA current ELUA and I removed all my credit card and billing information from RDNA as well in case of site Migration snafu & I get locked out or loose all my RDNA content because of the buy out.  .So  Okay Daz migrate away.  Also unless the RNDA venders are migrating to daz as well like Little fox and Evilinnocents   I maybe saying B-by to my favorite RDNA venders as well. 

Post edited by Ivy on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Pendraia said:
    DAZ_Steve said:

In order to avoid this becoming a problem for those that may own content that does not migrate (which should be a very small list, but we'll have clearer insight on that exact list soon), We're pleased to let you know that downloads of previously purchased items at Runtime DNA, however, will continue to be downloadable from there until the end of 2016. 

I'm a bit unsure if I'm reading this correctly so could you please clarify...If I have bought items for Dawn or Dusk from RDNA will I still be able to download those items from my account here?

So our orders with RDNA will not be fully translated as previously stated? Or am I misunderstanding what you've said? If it's how I'm reading it I'm very disappointed in this as I thought all of our orders were coming here and would be able to be downloaded...

As stated in the first post:

As to if non-migrated content will be available to download through Daz3D.com, we don't know the answer to that for sure yet, but in all likelihood, no, they won't.  

Which seems to me to be saying they're trying to have everything moved to our Daz3D accounts, but it sounds like there are some issues with doing so which may not make it possible,

That was what I thought but as it went against what was previously stated I was trying to get a clearer answer as it left me feeling uncertain as to what was happening.

Thanks for trying to clarify Mike, not trying to cause trouble I'm just trying to work out what I need to do and for what products. I'd been under the impression that all would transfer across to our accounts but that some products wouldn't necessarily migrate to the store here. Now I'm just confused...and unsure what I need to do to. : (

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I think that's the reason they're keeping the downloads available at RDNA through the end of 2016, so that we have plenty of time to wait until they can tell us which products, if any, won't be migrated.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438
    Chohole said:
    Is there any way we can get an explanation of the reason why? Not being antagonistic, it just doesn't make any sense.

As frogimus said

the advice on nudity in the forums does say

there must be opaque clothing of some kind over the area, or it must be screened by solid scenery and props in the scene: bars, emoticons, chickens and cats that are extraneous to the image aren't enough (and frequently look silly, even where the image is otherwise serious)

The reference to chickens and cats was due to one person who thought it funny to use little buetit birds, cats and cockerels to cover the relevant parts.

at least creative humor, that :)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

i figured out how to do nudes ... post them somewhere else. all good

I think that's the reason they're keeping the downloads available at RDNA through the end of 2016, so that we have plenty of time to wait until they can tell us which products, if any, won't be migrated.

Yeah...I saw that and I'm not rushing to download anything yet. If it transfers over to here there is no need to do anything. Steve's post here doesn't match the one he made on RDNA though. I was all set to just let everything transfer over...sorry if this seems negative but I'm really confused over what is happening.

• Pendraia said:

Yeah...I saw that and I'm not rushing to download anything yet. If it transfers over to here there is no need to do anything. Steve's post here doesn't match the one he made on RDNA though. I was all set to just let everything transfer over...sorry if this seems negative but I'm really confused over what is happening.

I think it's a matter of Daz will try to migrate over everything they can, but if a vendor or former vendor refuses to allow their products to migrate then DAZ can't migrate them. 

Is that products migrating to the store or products that we have bought transferring to our accounts? I totally understand if a  product doesn't come to the store that it will be up to individual vendors choices. I'm concerned only about items that I've bought though...thanks for trying to help.

• Pendraia said:

Is that products migrating to the store or products that we have bought transferring to our accounts? I totally understand if a  product doesn't come to the store that it will be up to individual vendors choices. I'm concerned only about items that I've bought though...thanks for trying to help.

I can't say for certain obviously, but to my thinking even if items don't come to be sold in the store the downloads can still migrate if the vendor is ok with it. Like Aeon Soul, they tend to stop selling older sets like they did at RDNA before this merger, but they're probably ok with letting the purchase histories migrate here even though the items won't be sold here.

I hope so...:  )

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited February 2016

Can you re-sticky the merger FAQ thread please ?

(Edit: just seen DAZ_ann0314's reply that it was intentionally unstickied ... ? I'll never follow DAZ logic... ;o) )

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    Pendraia said:

I think it's a matter of Daz will try to migrate over everything they can, but if a vendor or former vendor refuses to allow their products to migrate then DAZ can't migrate them. 

That is part of the issue, but I suspect there are some products DAZ will not want to migrate, in particular products dependent on figures not available in this store. So assuming base figure of Star migrates here (and I do not see any reason why it would not since the PA has already stated she is moving to DAZ) then all Star products could migrate aswell. Naturally for products that depend on SM figures, or other stores, I would be surprised if they appeared here. I am only guessing, but personally speaking, I would fully understand DAZ deciding not to want them. However I am biased, in the sense I do not use any of those other figures anyway.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

Thanks, DAZ_Steve, for answering that question precisely and succinctly.

I agree. You did a good job, Steve. Thanks.
  • frogimusfrogimus Posts: 200

Migrating into the store is one thing and I can understand them not wanting that.

Migrating our downloadable purchases is quite another. The more items that smoothly make the transfer into someone's library, the more good will Daz keeps.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

Quick question:

Will the RDNA content be brought over 'as-is', or will you guys want to re-package it in the standard DAZ format (DIM-consumable .ZIP file with manifest, directory structure starting with 'Content', etc.) before making it available for download?

And would it be feasible to slap a stickie in one of the forums, with some kind of progress indicator, as in 'Runtime DNA catalog and content migration is XX% complete (more or less, give or take, or somewhere there-abouts)'?  Just to give us a clue as to when it would no longer be pointless to start looking for it?

Not that I've acquired a whole lot of content from RDNA, but what I have acquired is kind of special to me....

Okay, that was two questions, and one of them wasn't all that quick. Sorry.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Quick question:

Will the RDNA content be brought over 'as-is', or will you guys want to re-package it in the standard DAZ format (DIM-consumable .ZIP file with manifest, directory structure starting with 'Content', etc.) before making it available for download?

And would it be feasible to slap a stickie in one of the forums, with some kind of progress indicator, as in 'Runtime DNA catalog and content migration is XX% complete (more or less, give or take, or somewhere there-abouts)'?  Just to give us a clue as to when it would no longer be pointless to start looking for it?

Not that I've acquired a whole lot of content from RDNA, but what I have acquired is kind of special to me....

Okay, that was two questions, and one of them wasn't all that quick. Sorry.

Maybe they could do a UI of RDNA Migration Status on the web like one of those old FS defragmenters that has black, blue, green, red, yellow, or purple squares : black - will not migrate, blue - unknown status, green - migrated and converted, red - not migrated but planned, and yellow - migrated but not yet converted to a DAZ product/install format, purple - migrated but will not be for sale in the DAZ store or converted. 

OK, so I needed more colors for the different statuses than I thought I would but you get the idea.

• lol, or send the seller a note..ah, if you want to sell this on DAZ need clothing, please resubmit a new picture.

unless there is some legal hoop to jump through.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

are you seeing things already?? I haven't noticed anything as yet.  

Vaskania said:

How soon can we expect things to start showing up in our account? I noticed some items I purchased at RDNA already in the Daz store, but unavailable in my library. I know the purchase was already recognized as I had gotten a "thank you" store credit here for purchasing it there.

• Can you tell us about a date from which we can download the RDNA products with you?

And all products are converted to the IM format?

If the "Paid" icon for the products I bought already at RDNA displayed in the shop?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

Kerya said:

I purchased one of these at RDNA but I guess the system isn't ready yet because it was not marked as purchased and didn't show up in DIM although I assume people who purchased it here got their DIM file.

Even though it was free for anyone who bought a new product I didn't put it in my cart when I bought the new stuff because I already have it. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake. :(

• Andrew_CAndrew_C Posts: 87
    edited February 2016

What worries me is that when DAZ took over PoserPros back in the day they promised they would make all the content available on DAZ. Very little was migrated. Some vendors moved to RDNA or Renderosity or Content Paradise, but at IMO least half of the content was basically lost to posterity (some of it very nifty stuff too).

Post edited by Andrew_C on
  • Andrew_C said:

What worries me is that when DAZ took over PoserPros back in the day they promised they would make all the content available on DAZ. Very little was migrated. Some vendors moved to RDNA or Renderosity or Content Paradise, but at IMO least half of the content was basically lost to posterity (some of it very nifty stuff too).

A lot of content moved to Daz, in the form of the ArtZone store, but never all of it nor do I recall its being stated that all would move. The PoserPro downloads I think remained active for a while, and then Guarie was able to do manual resets for a period after that.

• Andrew_CAndrew_C Posts: 87
    edited February 2016

A lot of content moved to Daz, in the form of the ArtZone store, but never all of it nor do I recall its being stated that all would move. The PoserPro downloads I think remained active for a while, and then Guarie was able to do manual resets for a period after that.

I stand corrected, thank you.

And being taking over by DAZ is far better (for everyone) than just quietly dying and vanishing, like too many Poser & DAZ content stores (you may have assumed I thought otherwise from the tone of the post).

EDIT speling

Post edited by Andrew_C on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    Spit said:

Kerya said:

I purchased one of these at RDNA but I guess the system isn't ready yet because it was not marked as purchased and didn't show up in DIM although I assume people who purchased it here got their DIM file.

Even though it was free for anyone who bought a new product I didn't put it in my cart when I bought the new stuff because I already have it. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake. :(

I'd give it a few more weeks. They won't start merging accounts for at least another week, so I'd assume that even though you pürchased the item at RNDA, your DAZ account can't possibly know about it yet, as they haven't been put together.

If the account merge has happened, and it still won't show up, you can always drop CS a support ticket, so they can find out what happened.

edited February 2016
    DAZ_Steve said:

Many of you have asked, with Runtime DNA becoming a part of Daz, what about past purchases with Runtime DNA. 

• As we have said, nearly all of the content will be migrating over to the Daz store.
    • As products are migrated to Daz, they will no longer be for sale at Runtime DNA.  We would envision that within a few months there will no longer be any products sold through Runtime DNA. 
    • To make sure your downloads migrate to your account here, change your Runtime DNA email address to match your Daz one.  Then as product migrate they will just show up in your account (including free items, gifts, etc.)
      • If you have more than one account on either side, please open a ticket with Daz support to help you merge them.

Some have asked how long items will be available for download at Runtime DNA, and what will happen with items not migrated to Daz for purchase.

• As to if non-migrated content will be available to download through Daz3D.com, we don't know the answer to that for sure yet, but in all likelihood, no, they won't.  

This is good news (see, I can be positive!  ;o)

A bit of further clarification please. Does this "still downloadable from RDNA till the end of 2016" cover ALL RDNA purchases (i.e. items for which there is an RDNA purchase number) including:
    a) Items that ARE migrated to DAZ.
    b) Items that were purchased (i.e. have an RDNA order number) but were zero price ($0.00, aka freebie)

c) Items that are NOT migrated to DAZ

Also for those people who do NOT have DAZ accounts, or who choose NOT to merge their RDNA account(s) into their DAZ accounts, does this mean that they have the until the end of 2016 to downlod all their RDNA purchases from the RDNA site for their own backup purposes?

(also asked on post #485 of the RDNA FAQ thread)

Edit: DAZ_Steve's already posted a new "Product download availability, a solution." thread over on the RDNA forums that answers these questions.

edited March 2016

(Also asked on post #460 of the RDNA FAQ thread. Edited to delete the stuff that's already been answered by DAZ_Steve's new thread)

It's just possible that one or two RDNA members may currently be away from the internet and missing all the fun.

If such a person gets back after the bulk account transfers are done,  to find that they were overlooked (i.e. they didn't have a matching DAZ account), will they be able to create a DAZ account and get their purchase history transferred at a later date?

• Andrew_C said:

I specifically asked about my contenet purchases from Poser Pro back then and was told by Daz that all of my purchases would remain available to me through my Daz account a few were and still are but over 90% were lost