Dynamic Clothing loading in a different pose

I searched the forums but couldn't any posts with this problem.

Ever since I upgraded to 4.5, none of my dynamic clothes with long sleeves are loading in the default T-Pose. They're loading in a pose where the arms are slightly lowered. This is problematic, because Victoria 4 is loading in her T-Pose, and, well, the cloth won't drape like it's supposed to.

Here's a screencap. This is a plain 'ol vanilla V4, with the Maiden Fair gown.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!

Comments

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

I don't got this specific, dynamic gown, but if this dynamic clothing item is rigged for Victoria 4, you should be able to select the gown and then go to the "Parameter" tab and select "Fit to" -> "Victoria 4" via the "General" section.

If, for whatever reason, you don't want to or can't use "Fit to", then you should still be able to e.g. rotate and or adjust the parts of the rig, so for example "bend an arm" of the rig using the "Scene" tab to get the gown into the T-pose - sometimes it can be beneficial actually not to use "Fit to".

• edited September 2012

I've tried fitting it to V4 and adjusting the rig. It hasn't worked. Even if I don't fit the gown to V4, the rig doesn't move. I'm not sure what else to do. I may try reinstalling DS4 and seeing if that helps at all.

Thanks, though!

ETA: I tried the reinstall, but it didn't help. Then I fired up DS3, and it seems to work fine. Guess I'll just do the draping and such in DS3 and then save the scene and do the final rendering in DS4. Kind of a pain, but I can't think of anything else to do.

Post edited by zerowillow_531da058ca on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Could you link to that Dynamic item? I'm not getting that with V4 and Dynamic clothing made for her in DS4.5P.

• edited September 2012

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/maiden-fair-dynamic-gown It's this one. I did try resetting and redownloading as well, but no dice.

ETA: Queen of Ages does it, too. Have not tried to redownload that one.

edited December 1969

Hmm.. also OptiTex. I do not have either of those you mentioned. None of your other OptiTex Dynamics do it? None of mine do, So FAR. I'm looking at them just to see now.

• edited December 1969

The freebies I've tried (Evening Dress) are also doing it. I'm beginning to think it's just me. lolsob.

edited December 1969

OUCH! I can say nothing I have free or bought do that. You are loading to V4 and not the Genesis V4 shape correct?

If so I'm stumped, not a clue.

• edited September 2012

That is correct. I am using Victoria 4.2.

Thanks for throwing some other ideas out there. I'll keep tinkering.

ETA: Would which version of DS4 I'm running make a difference, I wonder? I've been using the 64-bit version, and have not tried installing the 32-bit version. Maybe that would help?

edited September 2012

Something is off. This is Evening Dress on my V4.2 in DS4.5P at default load. No Fit to used.

EDIT: No, I'm in 64 bit as well.

Dynamic.jpg
    701 x 807 - 52K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

You are using the DS4.5Pro FULL version I hope. Not one of the RC versions.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

That is just so strange. I know that the genesis products I have worked on recently have had poses to bring the arms down but the version 4 stuff did not. I've not updated yet myself. Not due to lack of faith in 4.5 but because only an idiot upgrades half way through a project. The genesis version of century night gown that I am working on has a pose preset to bring the arms down like that. Normally I would offer to put a copy of it up on our web site, but that can't happen right now.

Mostly the figure just wants the shoulder lowered 32.5.

• edited December 1969

So, I went ahead and did a full uninstall of the 64-bit version and installed the 32-bit version. Now all of my dynamics work just fine. That was really weird and I don't know what happened.

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback and help!

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I don’t know what happened.

It was magic!

edited December 1969

Install the 64bit and try again in it. 32 and 64 can live on the same PC without problems. I have both of 3 and 4.5 installed. Don't ask I just do.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

This is a plain 'ol vanilla V4, with the Maiden Fair gown.

I just loaded Maiden Fair onto V4 in Studio 4.5 64 Bit, near perfect fit without fit to, better still with fit to. It's definitely not a generic problem.