Content after saving and reloading missing?

Maybe someone can help me with a little issue.
I was saving a scene on Carrara while I wanted to try out a few things in the shader room and before I have to redo all the settings as I am not happy with the outcome I thought I would just close and reload the scene.
But than when I was reloading, just a character with jewelry, clothes and hair, I got the message that a few objects are missing and I can go on and the objects will be replaced with cubes.
The objects that was missing was a few rings and bracelets.
Now I am wondering what caused the issue as it was happening from one moment to the next and I haven't changed anything in the folders. How can I get the scene back working well without going through all the steps again, looking where the things was located and change the entire textures/shaders.
(I have the full scene also as daz studio file and it loaded with no issues into Carrara but all the settings for character, jewelry, clothes needs to get made new while in the other scene I just need to reload these jewelry and need to change that shaders and UV map to get it back but I am wondering as there is a way to get the file work again like it should.

i just also checked the content library and just found the items that was so called missing but if I want to add it to the scene I got the message: no prop or figure found to import.

i haven't changed anything on the folders and also no updates so I do not understand how or why my content changed?

Comments

• I have heard of this bug before but have not experienced it myself. At the very least, my comment will bump this thread up. Are you experiencing the Library issue while using the Smart Content tab, or the regular Content tab in the Browser? I don't know if it would mean anything either way, but you never know... Maybe the database for the Smart Content could have been corrupted or something, breaking the links to the stuff you loaded...
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

i have had it as well, I even had two of the same item in the scene and it found one and placed a block for the other.

This was in the Wild Wild West Carrara Contest. nnot wure what the difference was.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    edited February 2016

This problem has happened to me 3 or 4 times.  For me, it has always been related to a dynamic hair object (either the hair itself or the hair cap).  Therefore, I thought it was the hair.  But someone in another thread suggested that it had to do with the order in which the file is saved (maybe using "save as" prior to saving on exit?).  I am not sure, but hopefully more folks will see the thread and maybe we can find some common element.  It has been very, very rare for me - but extremely annoying when it happened.  Th corrupted file suggestion is a good one because I had multiple versions of my scene (file01, file02,....) and I could not recover the hair object from any of them.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is long shot, cant remember the circumstances, but their was car file was able to retrieve from the temp folder, somewhere under the user/apps section.