Look at my hair player vs Iray

Hi friends. I have a problem with plugin LAMH and Iray rendering. If I use a rendering set to 3Dlight, LAMH is vissible on render, but if I use NVIDIA Iray, hairs are not on the final render (but they are visible in the preview).

Does anyone know where is the problem?

Good day to you all.

M

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Currently LAMH does not support Iray directly (an update is being worked on).  You need to export the LAMH hair as fibermesh for it to show up in Iray.

• Thanks for the answer Fixmypcmike. Very much appreciate it. If I understand, the new version Lamh (free player) would solve the problem? The second part of your advice seems to be difficult for me.

If you just have the free player rather than the full plugin, then it won't work with Iray, the export is only in the full plugin.

• Okay Fixmypcmike. I understand. Thank you for support and have a nice day. 

• stepsovostepsovo Posts: 11
    edited February 2016

One more question... I still have the old 'preset' : "Real Fur for the Millennium Dog". May I ask if it works with Iray?

And one subquestion. After installation "Real fur..." is nowhere visible. I have only in "Hair" folder subfolder with two files. 

MilDogFloppyEarsFur.car

MilDogFur.car

May I ask, how it working?

Post edited by stepsovo on

That'ss for Carrara, not DS

• Thank you once again. You seem to be very active and valuable member support.

• I need help with this as well. Above it is said, " You need to export the LAMH hair as fibermesh for it to show up in Iray." But I don't see how to do this and you do not explain it. If I go to export folder, 'fibermesh' is not an option. So how do we do this?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,059

I need help with this as well. Above it is said, " You need to export the LAMH hair as fibermesh for it to show up in Iray." But I don't see how to do this and you do not explain it. If I go to export folder, 'fibermesh' is not an option. So how do we do this?

You need the full version of LAMH to export as Fibermesh. The only export from the Player is an .obj and then load that on the figure in Iray. You will also have to pose your figure with the hair before saving.

For @Alessandro's LAMH animals his Catalyzer is the best option.

• sujifaesujifae Posts: 0

I have the full version. How do I "export the LAMH hair as fibermesh for it to show up in Iray"? All my googling keeps leading me back here...