How do I install third party content in 4.9 Please

13»

Comments

• callmepaulcallmepaul Posts: 54

For anyone on a mac, this are the steps that work for me:

- Unzip the file with the content
    - In the folder that contains the .zip there will be several folders. Normally they will be "data", "runtime", etc.
    - Select all those folders by holding down the "alt" option button
    - Drag to the folder that you have created for your daz library. Select "Merge" (If you do not know what your Daz library is, go to the "content library" in Daz, right click on the first folder that appears with the name "DAZ Studio Format" and select "Add Base Directory." It will allow you to select a directory in where will they move all their content)

I hope that helps.

• Windows PC:

Take zip file, you can place it into the C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads using copy and paste and use the Install manager. 

1) Place the file into the directory C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads

2) Open Install manager and you should see "Ready to Install" indicating your file is in the directory waiting to be installed. If not click on the refresh button to the left of the "Account" link in the upper right of the install manager. If you do not see Ready to install then check your path again and make sure you put the fiel in the right place or check your settings and make sure you did not install DAz3D install manager in some other location than the default. **Also make sure the zip is named correctly** They must start with IM000####_NameofProduct. I had a few named Template_SciFiWarrior etc and they wouldn't install or show up. So you ned to rename them with the naming convection of IM000 and a 5 digit number. Look at what you have already and create a new one. Just watch the screen as you install them as you don't want to overwrite an existing one.

3) The install manager should indicate if this is a correct .zip (should be blue) if so click install.

4) It will now be installed and your good to go!

I have a bunch of Gen 3 stuff and currently working on Gen 8

• Windows PC:

Take zip file, you can place it into the C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads using copy and paste and use the Install manager. 

1) Place the file into the directory C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads

2) Open Install manager and you should see "Ready to Install" indicating your file is in the directory waiting to be installed. If not click on the refresh button to the left of the "Account" link in the upper right of the install manager. If you do not see Ready to install then check your path again and make sure you put the fiel in the right place or check your settings and make sure you did not install DAz3D install manager in some other location than the default. **Also make sure the zip is named correctly** They must start with IM000####_NameofProduct. I had a few named Template_SciFiWarrior etc and they wouldn't install or show up. So you ned to rename them with the naming convection of IM000 and a 5 digit number. Look at what you have already and create a new one. Just watch the screen as you install them as you don't want to overwrite an existing one.

3) The install manager should indicate if this is a correct .zip (should be blue) if so click install.

Only content from Daz will have IM000####_NameofProduct.zip files - if you get one like that from another site it's likely to be warez. Install manager cannot cope with geenralised zips, only those created to be used with it - there is a tool for creating DIM friendly zips in the store, so you may find freebies and products from other stoers that can be installed via DIM but they will be the exception.

• Windows PC:

Only content from Daz will have IM000####_NameofProduct.zip files - if you get one like that from another site it's likely to be warez. Install manager cannot cope with geenralised zips, only those created to be used with it - there is a tool for creating DIM friendly zips in the store, so you may find freebies and products from other stoers that can be installed via DIM but they will be the exception.

The few I had just had the name of the file. Once I added the IM0000 to it, it installed and works jsut fine.