Fitting wrestling suit

Sean_u2kSean_u2k Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I've just picked up Daz3D and purchased the wrestling suit for a project i am working on. However, I have read some tuts and tried to "fit to" Genesis, and I have this space between the shoulder and straps. I have tried pushing it down using the transform tools, but I'm no good at getting it right. Is there something I am missing trying to get this skin tight?

Please see the attached file for the example. I also have Poser Pro 2012 and Maya if these could help? I've not started using Poser Pro yet though, and my Maya skills are pretty dumb.

Thanks

Suit.png
692 x 636 - 114K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Can you give a link to the store page for the product you are using? Is is made for Genesis, or are you using Autofit?

• Sean_u2kSean_u2k Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's here http://www.daz3d.com/shop/wrestling-outfit

It's not built for Genesis, but I was under the impression from the promo video that Genesis can take products from any model.

Is "fit to" option the same as autofit? If so, then yes.

edited September 2012

Sean_u2k said:
    It's here http://www.daz3d.com/shop/wrestling-outfit

It's not built for Genesis, but I was under the impression from the promo video that Genesis can take products from any model.

Is "fit to" option the same as autofit? If so, then yes.

Genesis cannot take clothing from ANY model, it is a completely new model with different rigging and group names. What it can do using the Autofit Plugin, is make clothing that is made for V4 or M4 fit to Genesis. It will also auto-convert from other figures if you have the Iconic Shapes for Genesis installed, and they have Autofit clones for Genesis (Like V3, A3, M3 etc.)

This clothing is made for M4, and after you load the clothing, with Genesis selected in the Scene tab, the Autofit dialogue should pop up itself. If not, you should go to the Parameters tab and select the 'Fit To' option (or right-click on the suit in the Viewport to find the Fit To option) to launch the Autofit Plugin.

Just make sure that you have Genesis selected in the Scene tab before loading the clothing.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • Sean_u2kSean_u2k Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Jimmy. that is the process I took, and it came out like this. Do I need to fit the clothes before I start deforming the model? Any other explanations?

edited December 1969

I don't have this clothing set, but what you could try is to put the suit onto a base Genesis model, and then morph Genesis to whatever shape you want it to be. That way the clothing should move with the figure.

I just suddenly realised you said 'deforming' the model. Did you mean applying morphs that are alread in the Parameters tab, or using actual deformers? If you are using Deformers, then I think you would need to deform the clothes by the same amount?