Problem with Items in Content Library only partially showing up in Smart Content

Hello Everyone,

First Off:  New PC:  Fresh Download of Daz Studio 4.9 (64-bit):  All Content Downloaded via Daz Install Manager

I seem to have a lot of missing content in my Smart Content that is in and works from the Content Library.  For example:

DAZ Horse 2

Smart Content:

Materials / Skin / 3 choices

Poses / 11 choices

Content Library:

My DAZ 3D Library / Animals / Materials / 16 choices for skins

My DAZ 3D Library / Animals / Poses / 30 choices for poses

-----

Short of uninstalling my entire library and reinstalling, I'm not sure how to attempt to correct these errors.  How do I go finding the problem content efficiently and correcting these discrepancies with the minimal amount of fuss?

ChristopherWaltner

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

99% of "Content not in Smart Content" never needs an uninstall/reinstall cycle.

Most of the time it is because, by default, DIM and Studio are using two different locations for installing content AND they don't tell each other the secret.

You need to look in the options in DIM to find where it is installing to and then in the Content Directory Manager (Preferences > Content Library >CDM) add that location to both Studio and Poser formats.

• Hello Everyone,

First Off:  New PC:  Fresh Download of Daz Studio 4.9 (64-bit):  All Content Downloaded via Daz Install Manager

I seem to have a lot of missing content in my Smart Content that is in and works from the Content Library.  For example:

DAZ Horse 2

Smart Content:

Materials / Skin / 3 choices

Poses / 11 choices

Content Library:

My DAZ 3D Library / Animals / Materials / 16 choices for skins

My DAZ 3D Library / Animals / Poses / 30 choices for poses

-----

Short of uninstalling my entire library and reinstalling, I'm not sure how to attempt to correct these errors.  How do I go finding the problem content efficiently and correcting these discrepancies with the minimal amount of fuss?

ChristopherWaltner

That doesn't work. I tried it.  Daz 4.9 loses something else then.

• mjc1016 said:

99% of "Content not in Smart Content" never needs an uninstall/reinstall cycle.

Most of the time it is because, by default, DIM and Studio are using two different locations for installing content AND they don't tell each other the secret.

You need to look in the options in DIM to find where it is installing to and then in the Content Directory Manager (Preferences > Content Library >CDM) add that location to both Studio and Poser formats.

Thanks for the advice.  I will certainly go look at the Preferences > Content Library > CDM

It just seems so odd to me that some of the items for a given category show up.  I would expect that if the skins or the poses were written to one folder that it would be a binary all or nothing for the Smart Content to use. 

I have the practice of installing DAZ on a lot of machines, and this just feels like something that has crept in since 4.9 came out.  I have another PC that is almost exactly hardware identical to the one I'm working on, and I'm seriously considering blowing it away because the DAZ 4.8 to 4.9 upgrade just seems so different than a fresh 4.9 install.  But that is a gripe for another thread I suppose.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

It is not rare Rare  case, .  I have found someitems which installed by DIM with meta-data>migrate for ds 4.9 in DB,

then install DAZ connect meta-data, it overwrite  DIM meta-data, then finally lost some files in smart content view.

you can check, actuall meta-data which daz connect offered.

in  (daz connect directory)/data/cloud/meta/ 1_15246.json. by text editor.

if it lost file which you discribed, as Asset_data,, these items never shown in smart content files, or files included in the product.

even though actually you have installed them.

and I found one product,, about the product,,  Unfourtunatlely,I must need to install package by DAZ connec

t to  meta-data (up-dated by daz connect) work correctly.

it is because DIM offered product meta-data too, but it  not include  path about files which is packaged.

then DAZ connect overwrite meta-data,, but it can only generate empty product meta-data.

I needed to tweak DIM meta-data once,, then DS migrate for ds 4.9, and up-date by daz connect,

to show items in smart content..

Actually I feel frastration just for serch  items whicih I bought, in smart content, then need tweaking much.

without it,, after all, we may not find some files, even though it is packaged as product,

finally I will forget,, what files are included or not.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

really

i tried to use daz connect

but smart content is such a mess

and i am tired of writing tickets because of missing files

• I had some time this afternoon, so on that sister system that I had upgraded from 4.8 to 4.9 on, I uninstalled everything via DIM and then reloaded it.  After everything is said and done, all the DAZ Horse 2 files showed up just fine in both areas.  Seems absolutely crazy that the issue isn't replicatable from one install to the next if it is a matter of files being in the wrong folder.  Something else is going on here.