Lighting or Render problems..help

I am having a terrible time setting my lights to get a render for a .png to use in other images. I don't know if its my lights or render settings but when I try to get the least shadow effect and turn my lights really bright then it washes out the textures on my models clothes and I can't figure out how to get the hair to look bright but also have a realistic effect. The product renders are so beautiful but I can't get that same effect. Here is a sample of how I want my images to look. Thanks for any help.
Elisa_Design_V4_297.jpg
600 x 547 - 136K

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited February 2016

Tonya, are you using Iray or 3DL? If you are using 3DL you can turn the shadows off if you select your light in Scene tab, then go to Parameters and Shadow Type under the light would be "none."  If you are doing Iray I did a tutorial on lighting (using the default light, wanted a simple "get started" one) with the link in my signature. Basically, if you use Iray, in Environment tab over in Render Settings, put your Y Dome Orientation to about 240, in Tone Mapping (still in Render Settings) put Film ISO to about 120, Exposure Value 12.85 (lighter) to 13.85 (darkens) and increase your Crush Blacks to .35 and Burn Highlights keep around .20    Use that as a start.  wink  That looks similar to the lighting of your image. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Thank you I will give it a try. I am using poser 14 but I also have daz maybe I can find similar settings in poser. I appreciate all help. Thank you so much
  • Thank you I will give it a try. I am using poser 14 but I also have daz maybe I can find similar settings in poser. I appreciate all help. Thank you so much