Texture Converter 2 and Genesis

2»

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Oh, and did I read somewhere that your were remapping the gens itself?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2012

Remapping using puppet warp and the script yes. My original Idea was just to create a transparency map so the m5 uv textured gens blends into the body of any M4 Uv you load so there was no seams where it joined the body. And I was going to release a tutorial of how to colour match the m5gen textures (phillip) via a shader. But since geografting leaves that nice big hole I cant continue on that process because in order for it to work you must hide the hip assigned Uv on the M5 Gens. And when you do that, the hole on the body is visible.

Basically to create an action in photoshop you just push record and it records every movement and click, filter you use etc until you say stop recording. Then you can save it, and load it on any texture and it will do the exact same process.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

I'm so gonna try that it sounds very usefull, thanks :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

If you can share that action with the rest of the class, it'd be nice. ;)

edited December 1969

You got photoshop Cs5? I'm new to the record actions thing, but zev might have some idea.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

You got photoshop Cs5? I'm new to the record actions thing, but zev might have some idea.

I do, yeah. And I've done action-recording before, that's not new. What is new, though, is getting that... twisty-thing done.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

tigerste said:
    None of this would be necessary, actually! If you have purchased (or prepared to purchase) the Gen 3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis, their respective UV maps will be available to you when you apply gen 3 textures to Genesis. By default, Genesis uses V4 UV's, but just select the correct one under the UV Set option under the surfaces tab :)

No, the Gen 3 Iconic Shapes don't give you Gen 3 UVmaps.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I do, yeah. And I've done action-recording before, that's not new. What is new, though, is getting that... twisty-thing done.

LOL, Pupet warp. We both concured that the feature puppet warp is the best way to convert M4 gen textures to M5.

Look up youtube tut on pupet warp for an Idea of how to use it.

Cut out M4 gen texture (So it doesnt have a background) Then use pupet warp to scretch and shape it into the M5 one. (Placing puppet 'pins' only on the outer edges of M4 gens texture layer)

It works! LOL