SOLVED New Items installed in 4.9 with dim not showing in product library

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Hi: I've been using dim exclusively. I am running into an issue where items installed with dim aren't showing up in  product library. I can find the items and reimport the meta data using the content db maintenance option on them but they aren't showing up as available in product view until I do this and that is slow and cumbersome because there is no search feature and I must look them up numerically. This is happening for each new item. Because it takes a while I'd rather not reset the database and reimport meta data. I've done that once recently. An suggestions?

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• What do you mean by Product Library? Smart Content, or the Product list in the Content Library pane?

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

Is it possible that 4.9 and DIM are talking to different databases? Otherwise the same database functions are called when migrating data are called via triggers any time data is installed/changed in the old tables.

• DAZ_Rawb said:

Is it possible that 4.9 and DIM are talking to different databases? Otherwise the same database functions are called when migrating data are called via triggers any time data is installed/changed in the old tables.

Could that happen? I thought DS used PostgreSQL, if present, even if Valentina was also installed?

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited February 2016

was about to start a post of the same problem

Normally in the past (DS4.6) I had manually installed, but with the new download OF 4.9 I have just been using DIM,   I see my products are not going to DAZ Studio Formats /My DAZ 3D Libary, but I see  everything that was download while I slept went into  the Products instead.

I have not an idea how to move them where they're suppose to be, well I have an idea but thought I ask here first before making things worse on myself

Post edited by XaatXuun on

just a update  of my problem

seems I can't use the content from the product tab, no icons eirther here are the images I am looking at

I don't use smart content, popped that to cover up G3F

one image shows where DIM put it, the Second is where it should had been

eh 001.jpg
    1187 x 615 - 162K
    eh 002.jpg
    1206 x 572 - 127K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Can you post these 2 screenshots:
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

You're looking at two separate views:  Content Library > Products is a view from the database, not a physical location on the hard drive.

I think I may see why in the DIM, but better let you tell me

the shot 002.jpg
    590 x 671 - 73K
    the shot 001.jpg
    501 x 549 - 54K

Yes, you're installing to E: (probbly would be better to call it something like E:\My Library), but DS is still looking in the default paths.

should I uninstall, then download again with the new path ?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited February 2016

Here's my screenshots. Mine has always been working before. It just started happening, so maybe it started recently. It seems to hate installing stuff on E. I have to wrangle it a lot not to put content on the C drive, which is very tiny.

image-1.JPG
    478 x 470 - 37K
    image-2.JPG
    534 x 485 - 40K
    Post edited by Serene Night on

What do you mean by Product Library? Smart Content, or the Product list in the Content Library pane?

I use the product list exclusively to locate content.

Here's my screenshots. Mine has always been working before. It just started happening, so maybe it started recently. It seems to hate installing stuff on E. I have to wrangle it a lot not to put content on the C drive, which is very tiny.

That's the Applications tab, which only determines where plugins get installed -- the path that content gets installed to is set in the Installation tab.

d'oh! okay, here is the screenshot of the installation path.

FINAL.JPG
    549 x 513 - 50K

After you install something with DIM and then launch DS, is there a listing in Products with nothing in it, or no listing at all?

No listing. Other products are there but all new content is Mia until I manually reimport meta data using the content db maintenance tool. 

Well, I was tired of trying to figure it out, so I once more exported user data, reset the database, reimported meta data and products are showing up again, after dim installation.. Not sure what happens with the database corruption