Daz 3d Render

Hi

3delight render

On one PC the render has a good rich colour and renders from top to bottom...so that's fine.

I have installed Daz 3d on another PC (OK..it's not as powerful) and the render quality and process is completely different:  It is very pale (as is the final render) and renders the full image (not top to bottom) in a pixelated state until render is complete, but is very pale. 

Any of you techy guys and gals out there got an answer on how to resolve this, it would be gratefully received with thanks.  :-)

Comments

• The difference between top-down and all at once is that on the second machine you have Progressive rendering enabled. This can be faster than the standard render on complex scene/with complex shaders but it is a bit slower on simple scenes and uses a little more memory. Progressive and standard also produce noticeable differenes in specular effects in my experience, though which you want will be a matter of taste.

The tonal difference is probably the colour correction settings - assuming that Gamma is set to 2.2, on the machine with washed-out renders turn Gamma Correction On (this removes the built-in gamma correction in the txtures so that they don't get corrected twice, the root of the washing out).

• Thanks Richard...I'll have a bash at that see if it works cheers !!!   ta   Just gotta find all those settings now  lol

• All are in the Render Settings pane, sorry.