Stonemasons Dirt Shaders not working

I just bought the Daz Studio dirt shaders by Stonemason and I can't get them to work.

All they do is turn the surface white. Some of them change the smoothing of the object too, making them look really bad. 

Reloading the old diffuse texture into the dirt shaders base map does nothing either.

I'm using Daz Studio 4.9 and it says on the product page that they should work with that.

Am I doing something wrong or do they actually not work in Daz Studio 4.9?  

Image1.jpg
425 x 239 - 62K

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158

Are you using the Iray render engine? I think those shaders were made for 3Delight render engine, so they will not work with Iray.

Go to the Render Settings tab and change Engine (at the top of the pane) to 3Delight then try them.

• BastrupBastrup Posts: 42

Well how about that, a world of difference.laughyes Thanks.

So as I thought, I'm retarded. Never even thought about that being the problem.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158

You're welcome smiley

The only challenge you may find is if you want to build a scene with some items using older shaders which only work in 3Delight with newer products which (sometimes) only work in Iray!

• BastrupBastrup Posts: 42

Yes,  I was going to use these in an Iray scene I was working on.

I've only been using Daz Studio for 4 weeks even though I've had it since the first release and never used 3Delight before.

Doesn't matter though, I just tried it out and it actually renders really well. I'll just use these shaders for something else than what I originally planned.