Dracorn's Render Thread

1161718192022»

Comments

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

That's what was so funny about the article - they had pictures of women who tried... and failed miserably.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Well I for one would never try that at home!!!

Looks like it would break a leg or even both of them when landing!!!sad

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow that looks really uncomfortable!  Great job  on recreating the pose though!

edited October 2018

Yeah, one of those renders that you do just for a laugh.

What's even funnier is the dialog doesn't remotely match the pose - maybe Psylock herself needs to worry about getting hurt!

Post edited by dracorn on
  • NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Wow... I guess that's the 'been thrown away like a rag doll' pose? laugh

edited October 2018

Happy Halloween!  

Here's another spooky render featuring Narkissa for G3F and a forked tongue freebie I found on ShareCG.  

I rendered this with no background and plopped in a stock photo from Pixabay.  The moon was overexposed so I replaced that with Ron's Space Brushes.  Clouds at the bottom of the page also from the same brush set.  The hair is Alpha Moikana by SAV updated with ColorWerks Iray hair shaders.  Lighting is Rim Light Rig Iray.

Click on the thumbnail for more detail.

Forked Tongue

Forked Tongue 1500x1500.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M

Her tongue just totally creeps me out for some reason.  Love the lighting!

The snake tongue was a freebie I found on Share CG. Isn't Rim Light Rig fantastic?
    dracorn said:
    The snake tongue was a freebie I found on Share CG. Isn't Rim Light Rig fantastic?

One of my favorite lighting products!

edited November 2018

Testing Neiva for G8F using LY Leonine Pro HDR Lighting and Adalyn Hair with Colorwerks shaders.

The light and renders settings were very easy to set up and adjust.  It's a great, easy-to-use and quick portrait light set.  I recommend it.

Neiva is a lovely character with human and pale blue skin.  

Neiva w Leonine Light.jpg
    877 x 877 - 250K

She is beautiful!

edited December 2018

My First dForce Render

Haven't done anything in a while - been busy.  Here I am playing around with Mousso's Delaney, with SAV's Hydra Hair and dForce Magical Charm outfit.  Lighting is LY Leonine Pro HDR Lighting - basic setting plus a rim light.  Quick setup.  No postwork.

I should have added some wind to the skirt and sleeves to match the hair, but this is my first dForce render and I really don't know what I'm doing yet.  

Hydra Hair dForce dress.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 623K

Still looks really good even without the wind morphs.  I'm still working on learing all the ins and outs of dforce.  Not something I am going to be really good at any time soon lol

edited January 2019

Firemane

Torak is a custom book character.  He is a Magorian, a race with elemental powers of fire and earth. 

I started with Genesis 8 Male with the base skin of the Aran Demon.  With skin this dark, it's important to bring in lots of gloss so the face can be seen, especially in lower lighting.  I did modify the original Aran gloss settings, using the Dual Lobe Specular surfaces.  I morphed the chiseled features and gave him red lashes and fibermesh brows.  The pointed ears are tall so that they would poke through the hair, though they can't be seen in the final pose.

I added only a touch of emissive light in the eyes as I wanted the detail to show. The problem I find with emissive surfaces is that the detail tends to get blown out the brighter the surface.
    For both Pascale Hair and his hand, I used Marshian's Hot Metal Shaders.  For the hair, application of the initial shader left the top of the hair dark, so I popped the texture and the opacity maps into Photoshop so that the fire would extend to the top of the hair.  This required lots of clone stamp painting to extend the fire colors to the top of the map.  The same was done to the luminocity map.  Some strands are still dark red, the color when he isn't "flaming."

For the hand, I only wanted the right hand to glow and the initial application of the shader brought the glow at an angle halfway up the arm.  For this, I squeezed the shader map and turned it sideways so it would line up with the hand only.  I noticed when I removed the hair that his shoulder was also glowing, so I had to black out that part of the luminosity map.
    Loading the same maps onto the fingernails just didn't work.  The colors didn't line up at all.  This required more work on my part.  So I copied swatches from the flame map and pasted them on top of the arm map for the right fingernails only.  Some test renders and color-matching later and I had a smooth transition from the hand to the fingernails.

I played around with the surfaces of Suneko Outfit, removing the gloves and changing the blue glow to a red one, plus some red metallic flakes to make it cool looking.

Finally, I made use of Elasticity Morphs to give his snear a wonderful, lopsided, show part of the gums quality. 

I used LY Leonine Pro HDR Lighting, made a few modifications and added a good-old-fashioned linear pointlight for the fireball.

Postwork with Ron's Flames and Ron's Space. [Click for larger version].

1 G8M Magorian Skin Dark.jpg
    500 x 500 - 74K
    4 Torak Flame Hand.jpg
    877 x 877 - 222K
    2 Fire Right Hand.jpg
    877 x 877 - 278K
    3 Torak Fire Right Hand Fixed.jpg
    500 x 500 - 125K
    Firemane 2000x2000 Q 50.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 424K
    edited January 2019

Playing around with Zelara 8.

Zelara PS.jpg
    877 x 877 - 96K
    dracorn said:

Firemane

Torak is a custom book character.  He is a Magorian, a race with elemental powers of fire and earth. 

I started with Genesis 8 Male with the base skin of the Aran Demon.  With skin this dark, it's important to bring in lots of gloss so the face can be seen, especially in lower lighting.  I did modify the original Aran gloss settings, using the Dual Lobe Specular surfaces.  I morphed the chiseled features and gave him red lashes and fibermesh brows.  The pointed ears are tall so that they would poke through the hair, though they can't be seen in the final pose.

I added only a touch of emissive light in the eyes as I wanted the detail to show. The problem I find with emissive surfaces is that the detail tends to get blown out the brighter the surface.
    For both Pascale Hair and his hand, I used Marshian's Hot Metal Shaders.  For the hair, application of the initial shader left the top of the hair dark, so I popped the texture and the opacity maps into Photoshop so that the fire would extend to the top of the hair.  This required lots of clone stamp painting to extend the fire colors to the top of the map.  The same was done to the luminocity map.  Some strands are still dark red, the color when he isn't "flaming."

For the hand, I only wanted the right hand to glow and the initial application of the shader brought the glow at an angle halfway up the arm.  For this, I squeezed the shader map and turned it sideways so it would line up with the hand only.  I noticed when I removed the hair that his shoulder was also glowing, so I had to black out that part of the luminosity map.
    Loading the same maps onto the fingernails just didn't work.  The colors didn't line up at all.  This required more work on my part.  So I copied swatches from the flame map and pasted them on top of the arm map for the right fingernails only.  Some test renders and color-matching later and I had a smooth transition from the hand to the fingernails.

I played around with the surfaces of Suneko Outfit, removing the gloves and changing the blue glow to a red one, plus some red metallic flakes to make it cool looking.

Finally, I made use of Elasticity Morphs to give his snear a wonderful, lopsided, show part of the gums quality. 

I used LY Leonine Pro HDR Lighting, made a few modifications and added a good-old-fashioned linear pointlight for the fireball.

Postwork with Ron's Flames and Ron's Space. [Click for larger version].

This is stunning! 

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    dracorn said:

Forked Tongue

Make her eat a soft-serve, tee-hee! cheeky

edited January 2019

Character Reboot from 3Delight to Iray, Genesis to Genesis 3

So here's my original of the prominent-nosed, red-skinned race known as Krell, named Za Gor Nya, as Genesis in 3Delight:

I have been wanting to redo this character for a while, especially since the render original render was done using a very old computer which Daz crashed continually, hence the minuscule size of this render with default lighting.  Adding the lighting would put my poor 'ole PC over the edge. 

What character to start with? I have a pretty good collection of G3 and G8 characters, and I found I really loved Monique 7's lips, which is the only feature I kept - all the others I changed.  I also loved Monique's beautiful skin with its natural variation of light and dark, so I wanted to preserve those characteristics in the red skin.  Changing the Base Color was one way to do it, but I really didn't like the results. But the SSS Reflectance Tint is what made this red skin look great (1.00  0.18  0.18).

Here's the initial character with Riae Hair (V4), updated with Iray textures. While I liked the punk style of Riae, which really fit the character, ultimately I was forced to abandon it as it lacked as much flexibility as I needed when trying to pose it. 

So I used Amara Braids instead - great hair, by the way, but if you don't use the included pose dials, can be pretty tedious posing all those bones. But I wanted the hair to drape over her shoulders.  I experimented with surfaces to match the brows and eyelashes to the hair - they turned out pretty good.  Some of the lighter-colored options are too bright, so I toned it down.

For the initial pose I used dForce on Guardian for G2F, which worked reasonably well (had to hide the separate decorative seams which exploded).  Turns out I was positioning the camera and by accident found an angle I loved. Even though her face is neutral (I didn't pose her expression at all), the angle makes her appear thoughtful, so I kept it.

Za Gor Nya

(Click on the Thumbnail for full size)

Zagornia Blonde 3.jpg
    500 x 600 - 164K
    Za Gor Nya G3F 05.jpg
    877 x 877 - 341K
    Za Gor Nya G3F 14.jpg
    877 x 877 - 290K
    Za Gor Nya 2000x2000 65pct.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 800K
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    dracorn said:

Firemane

He's awesome!

edited November 2020

Like a number of my friends on Daz, I've been AWOL for a while lately.  Things have been pretty strange since the Coronovirus broke out.  We've been especially careful at my house, since we live with my 89 year-old mother-in-law, who is pretty vulnerable.  I've been the designated shopper, so I get to go out a little.  I haven't been working much since the shutdown so the budget has been tight. 

I recently worked for the Census for two months.  That was pretty interesting.  I didn't run into too many very rude people, but lots of reluctant ones.  I've always felt I was lousy at selling things, i.e., convincing someone to buy or do something they don't want.  I know there were some of you who experienced a Census person knocking at your door over and over and over and over...   I would look at the notes other Census workers left, and sometimes I was rebellious and just refused to keep harassing people.  

While I haven't been active with Daz, I have been writing quite a bit, so I have been able to keep myself occupied.  What I have done with Daz is create some custom characters for my book.  However, I haven't rendered any portraits.  They look cool, but the A or T pose is pretty boring.  

I did finally render a portrait, and I think it turned out pretty good.  She's a G8F, and I used Arki's old QabbalahV4 skins and played around with the settings.  I've gotten pretty good at converting old stuff to Iray.  

Titled "Bargasht"

Lord Bargasht Portrait 1000x1000.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Really like your first dForce render, I completely understand not wanting to be too complicated when starting out. I've yet to do anything other than hit simulate LOL. Firemane is so vibrant!  yes

• Bargasht looks great! Interesting looking face. I love characters like these. :)

dracorn said:

Forked Tongue

Make her eat a soft-serve, tee-hee! cheeky

I love this!

Its definitely been a weird year for sure!  Here's to hoping it improves dramatically for all of us!

edited November 2020

No idea why that posted twice.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Thanks, everyone!  

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

So happy to see you back Dracorn!!

I so love all your renders but that last one is one for the amazing book!!!