Odd Cat Poses I ⅈ UPDATED

carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
edited September 2012 in Freebies

Well I got making the Milcat poses as a request,I made 20 posted them and then realized they were still in my head ,so here are some more of those Odd poses cats do ........I've included links to the props I used in the readme which is in the folder with the poses ,just browse to the folder and you'll find it .......

Ooops forgot to add the link........my bad !!
http://www.sharecg.com/v/64528/view/11/Poser/Odd-Cat-poses-II

And so you don't have to find the Post I updated both Odd Poses Iⅈ so that they would NOT remove whatever morphs you used on your cat,so now the even work on Dia's kitten morph no problem.....

odd_cats2.jpg
849 x 725 - 412K
Post edited by carrie58 on

Comments

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Carrie! :)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

My pleasure Teresa ,I think I've now got the cats off my brain ...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Much appreciated, thank you.

• edited December 1969

I just tried out the first set, and I look forward to finding uses for this set too! YAY ACTUAL CAT POSES! For, you know, actual cats! (As opposed to glamorized and always graceful cats...)

• AnIronButterflyAnIronButterfly Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

ROFL! I LOVE these...thank you so much for sharing them, and set one. :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

YES! Thank you thank you thank you for taking my oddball idea and running with it! This is so AWESOME and I can't wait to install this set and start tweaking kitties!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

These are super. Only one I think you may have missed is cat trying to get into too small a box, she says watching a catling trying to settle in a box that is 8" x 6" x 6" tall

I can see me using these poses a lot.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

"Once upon a time" had a cat, a nice large fellow about 20 pounds [not overweight, just a large cat] ... he opened a latched door on a metal breadbox and squeezed through a slanted space no wider than 1" to get inside [door was blocked with heavy objects in an effort to keep him out of the breadbox] and sleep in "his" [have to understand it from the cat's point of view - none other exists] breadbox. The full loaf of bread - well did you know that you can flatten a full loaf of bread to a height of 1/4 inch?! Yes it can be done. I guess he thought of it as 'his mattress' lol ...

edited December 1969

That all sound perfectly reasonable,

edited December 1969

Cats come with their own gravitational well. Even if when they are tiny and featherweight, they still manage to squish things they sleep on.

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

carrie they are to presious...
    Love the one in boxes.. should also fit bags pretty well ;)

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

I haven't played with set one yet and here you go and put out set two! At any rate, these are wonderful. As a cat owner (well, cat staff) for some 50-odd years, I've seen these poses in real life all too often. Now I get to reproduce them in 3D! Thanks.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    These are super. Only one I think you may have missed is cat trying to get into too small a box, she says watching a catling trying to settle in a box that is 8" x 6" x 6" tall

Actually Cho I did try to figure out how to do that one,the problem is that MilCat unlike real cats ,doesn't have the ablitiy to move in the fourth dimension .......that's why there isn't a better muffintop pose either, if I figure them out I'll post 'em

But I am really glad ya'll like'em ,cause they've been takeing over my brain for way too long now .......I need my brain for other life functions .....

edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    I just tried out the first set, and I look forward to finding uses for this set too! YAY ACTUAL CAT POSES! For, you know, actual cats! (As opposed to glamorized and always graceful cats...)

Love your picture!! Thank you !!

edited December 1969

I haven't played with set one yet and here you go and put out set two! At any rate, these are wonderful. As a cat owner (well, cat staff) for some 50-odd years, I've seen these poses in real life all too often. Now I get to reproduce them in 3D! Thanks.

Glad you like them

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    chohole said:

Actually Cho I did try to figure out how to do that one,the problem is that MilCat unlike real cats ,doesn't have the ablitiy to move in the fourth dimension .......that's why there isn't a better muffintop pose either, if I figure them out I'll post 'em

But I am really glad ya'll like'em ,cause they've been takeing over my brain for way too long now .......I need my brain for other life functions .....

My Brothers Birman has worled out the too small box thing quite well, but my youngsters are still struggling LOL

holly_box.jpg
    993 x 630 - 53K
    edited December 1969

Sooooo... what about Odd Cat Poses III?

Did I mention that I have about 3,000+ lolcat pictures as screensaver slideshow?

And did I mention that it shut up my mom for about ten minutes as she was trying to figure out where those cat pictures were coming from?

Pose5.png
    500 x 351 - 329K
    Pose4.png
    639 x 502 - 530K
    Pose3.png
    500 x 375 - 341K
    Pose2.png
    375 x 500 - 192K
    Pose1.png
    500 x 332 - 328K
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Sooooo... what about Odd Cat Poses III?

Did I mention that I have about 3,000+ lolcat pictures as screensaver slideshow?

And did I mention that it shut up my mom for about ten minutes as she was trying to figure out where those cat pictures were coming from?

OoooooHHhhh you are wicked trying to get my brain to take off on cats again .......Skiriki!! Honestly I went through the LOLCats pictures at I can has Cheezeburgers , and Odd cats I ⅈ come from the inspirations there, but ran out of pictures around page 223,if in your collection of cat pics you find ones you really want ,then put the picture up and I will do my best to reproduce it ........Oh and that goes for everyone.
    See Cho ,even lil cats do the 4th diminsion thingy ,when I put milcat in a pose like that in a too small box ,it does POKE Through everywhere!!

edited December 1969

Yes cats are amazing aren't they. It has been about 20 years since I had a young cat, and now I have 2 together, and the antics an positions they get themselves into are very entertaining. Although they are litter sisters one is very much smaller than the other, but she is the adventurous one, always first to try things out, So she gets in a box fine, the bigger one has to try too, and fails. lol

We think the small one may have been the runt of the litter, as she is noticebably smaller, even now they are almost at full growth being a year old now. You never know the full history when you get Rescue cats.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Aww cat poses, how awesome! Thank you so much!

edited December 1969

Challenge accepted! Let's see what I can conjure up!

Note: Partial poses (like for the head or paws or tail) would be pretty cool too.

I've arranged these into some kind of loose thematic bundles, from more passive poses to active ones, ones that require a group arrangement, show emotion, are good for facial expressions & misc etc. I don't expect you to duplicate 'em all, just to get inspired by them. And there's probably some you've done already... but hey, 3,000+ pics, about 1.5 sec per pic to decide if I save it or not... kinda... FUZZY right now.

Like someone had coughed a hairball into my brain.

05_Group.jpg
    2000 x 1028 - 605K
    04_Partial_and_Misc.jpg
    2000 x 1401 - 575K
    03_Action.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 975K
    02_Emotion.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    01_Inaction.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I shoulda known better!! I have to laugh cause I had a collection of cat pics on my laptop and lost'em when it croaked.
    I saw the passive resistance picture and wanted to do it ,but somebody will have to create a cat harness for the milcat .But looking at these pics,there will be Odd Milcat poses 4 coming ........now on the expressions ,Milcat LE has a few morphs I can use to create the expressions ,I have the full Milcat which has a lot more morphs,but they wouldn't be useable to people without the full Milcat .Haveing said that I'd like opinions on whether I should make the expressions with just the morphs that the LE version has that everyone could use or go with the Loaded Milcat to make them which means some people won't be able to use them.I used the LE version for the poses so far .......

edited December 1969

Well do expressions and partial poses for non-LE version of MilCat, and the rest which can be done for everything else? Thems the breaks, life ain't fair, and so on. :)

edited December 1969

It's been around for long enough many people must have it by now. I certainly do. Would love a range of expressions too.

Was thinking of the 'chattering' that they do when spotting a bird on the other side of the window. Don't have any pics atm of that though.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Wonderful - thanks for these!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Thanks for these, just what I was looking for.

• AntaraAntara Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

These are perfect true cat behavior poses! Love your idea. Thank you for creating and sharing them!

edited December 1969

Hello there well I just put up 20 expressions for the MilCat ,you will have to adjust the head bending depending on what pose you use them with,but they will work with any pose without changeing anything except the expressions.It took me a couple of tries to figure that out.

Here's the link : http://www.sharecg.com/v/64622/view/11/Poser/20-Expressions-for-MilCat-+-Eye-Poses

MilCat_Expressions.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 556K
    edited December 1969

These will come in real handy! Thank you so much :-)

edited December 1969

You are very welcome Patience55. Would love to see a render or two or three or ...........