Script Question

Hello!

So I have to render scenes named set00 through set19. For every scene I need the character in that scene to change to 5 different poses and render for each pose on every scene. The 5 poses are the same for every scene and the base character is the same as well. So that amounts to about 100 renders. Each render takes about two hours, so that's 200 hours or about 8 days of rendering. I don't know anything about Daz scripting, but I was thinking it would be a lot easier if there was some way to automate this process. Is this possible and if so how?
Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Comments

• Kind of sounds like Thumbnail Mastery might help you with this: http://www.daz3d.com/thumbnail-mastery

Here's a link to the user's guide: http://www.draagonstorm.com/tempdl/ThumbnailMastery.pdf

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,574

Hello!

So I have to render scenes named set00 through set19. For every scene I need the character in that scene to change to 5 different poses and render for each pose on every scene. The 5 poses are the same for every scene and the base character is the same as well. So that amounts to about 100 renders. Each render takes about two hours, so that's 200 hours or about 8 days of rendering. I don't know anything about Daz scripting, but I was thinking it would be a lot easier if there was some way to automate this process. Is this possible and if so how?
    Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

I'm not on my box with DAZ installed atm, but I think you could accomplish this by (1) selecting the character via script, (2) merging a .duf pose preset via script and (3) rendering via script. If you haven't already, start by downloading the DAZ script documentation. You can start by checking out Scene.findNodeByLabel(), App.getContentMgr() & App.getRenderMgr().

Sorry I can't be more specifc, but hope this gets you started (and yes, I think this can be done).

Hope this helps.

- Greg