Kids4 - how to make older

tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have loaded Kids4 and have a few problems so I will post in seperate postings.

How do you make the character age a bit - from a 6 year old to a 12 year old.
The character is a little too small for my story.

Comments

• tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I bought Mark for Kids 4 thinking that this would contain the cloting and the hair as illustrated in the picture advertising it.

I cannot get any hair to load onto the Kid4 model with any of the Mark features.

Where is the clothing and hair as the picture shows.

Really - all adverts should state what is provided in the file.
    Hair, Eyes, Clothing etc... it is truly misleading to buy the product and then find that there is no such hairstyle or tunic as in the picture.

Truly misrepresentation of goods....

Terry

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Please put all your problems in one post, it does make it so much easier for us to help you, this can be a very busy forum, and one thread is easier to follow than several.

What program are you working with Poser or Daz Studio.

Mark for Kids 4 does state that it is a character for the K4 figure, and in the "what's included" says that it only contains the character and texures.

DAZ3D does have a 30 day return policy, so if the product is not what you require then you can file a support ticket, and request a refund.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

Under Additional Information on the product page is a long list of items used in the promo renders.

edited December 1969

I am working on windows 7 - have succesfully managed to get it mostly working in XP but for the left window not picking up smart content at all.
    Would really like t o master the windows 7 as it will be 64 bit - surely faster and this old xp machine is sure to die soon - its over 3 years old.

I have not yet managed to master the height of the kids 4 character and am a bit annoyed about that as also the kids cuts package I bought for hair styles for the kids. No matter where I install it it does not work.

The installer just wants to install to c:\

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

The "Kid Cuts" package is for Carrara Dynamic Hair.
    Are you using Carrara? You didn't mention which program you are trying to use

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ah yes, I forgot that.

So again, as with the advice I gave you about the Mark package, if this is of no use to you then file a support ticket to zendesk and ask for a refund.

THe information is all there on the product page, It tells you there which programs the product will work with, and which figures it is for, as well as telling you what is included.

edited September 2012

As for character height, there is a scale dial. In attached picture, I have regular K4, K4 scaled to 128%, and M4 at his default height

Post edited by Medzin on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You should always read the product page and the description before buying anything. DAZ 3D make and sell Carrara, Bryce and Hexagon, as well as DAZ Studio. If you are not sure, ask on the forums, but in this case it clearly states what software it is for.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1084 x 372 - 60K
    edited December 1969

OK - in reply to Medzins post I understand and thanks for the picture but you did not say how to increase the scale - I've looked in the parameters etc but cannt see anything linked to scale.

In reply to the other posts - I fully see now that I need to read the documentation thouroughly. It is so complicated for the newbie and it is so easy to make a mistake.

However I have to date filed 5 support requests to Daz technical support and one request for a refund and have not heard a thing - in the case of the refund it was only last night but after the other requests being totally ignored after 5 days I am not very hopeful they will listen.

Terry

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

tdrd said:
    OK - in reply to Medzins post I understand and thanks for the picture but you did not say how to increase the scale - I've looked in the parameters etc but cannt see anything linked to scale.

In reply to the other posts - I fully see now that I need to read the documentation thouroughly. It is so complicated for the newbie and it is so easy to make a mistake.

However I have to date filed 5 support requests to Daz technical support and one request for a refund and have not heard a thing - in the case of the refund it was only last night but after the other requests being totally ignored after 5 days I am not very hopeful they will listen.

Terry

Select the figure in the Scene tab, go to the Parameters tab, and look for a slider called Scale as shown in the image below.

It is often easier and quicker to ask your questions on the forum, rather than asking DAZ Tech Support. In the case of refunds, only Support can help you, but they are usually fairly quick.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1152 x 482 - 75K
    edited September 2012

Don't know what program you are using, but here is example for Poser

Post edited by Medzin on