Bruise packs?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2015

I’m somewhat new here but have been following this thread with interest for several months. The new geometry-shell wound pack is finally here and seems to work great except for one thing. If you apply it to a naked, anatomically correct male figure, the genital texture gets irretrievably distorted. It doesn’t matter if you apply the genital texture before or after the wounds. Any suggestions? Or does one have to go back to LIE for nude male characters?

Post edited by wmjwolfe_a0eb275e6b on
  • donalddavisdonalddavis Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

I have the exact same issue.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

wmjwolfe said:
    I'm somewhat new here but have been following this thread with interest for several months. The new geometry-shell wound pack is finally here and seems to work great except for one thing. If you apply it to a naked, anatomically correct male figure, the genital texture gets irretrievably distorted. It doesn't matter if you apply the genital texture before or after the wounds. Any suggestions? Or does one have to go back to LIE for nude male characters?

I checked this problem and you can fix it two ways: by turning off the shell on those parts or by turning opacity off on that part of the shell in the surfaces tab. Please see attached images. Hope this helps.

geograft-w-shell1.jpg
    804 x 996 - 281K
    geograft-w-shell.jpg
    786 x 1044 - 238K
  • edited February 2015

Great! Many thanks, Simon! Works great.

Post edited by wmjwolfe_a0eb275e6b on
  • MysticXMysticX Posts: 15
    edited April 2015

I have a problem too, i can't get the wound geometry shell to work properly with Iray, i have tried a boatload of different settings and other things (Applying Iray uber shader, applying Iray skin shader, without either of those, hike up opacity, increase shell offset, two shells with the same bruise on top of each other, top layer fiddling...), and while bruises look very severe in the preview window, i hardly see any bruise at all when i render it...

Is there something i'm doing wrong? or a work-around or anything? I do a lot of renders of bozing girls, and when they never get any bruises (Or sweat for that matter, same issue), it kind of messes up the whole concept... ~_~

Post edited by MysticX on
  • SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited April 2015

mysticx said:
    I have a problem too, i can't get the wound geometry shell to work properly with Iray, i have tried a boatload of different settings and other things (Applying Iray uber shader, applying Iray skin shader, without either of those, hike up opacity, increase shell offset, two shells with the same bruise on top of each other, top layer fiddling...), and while bruises look very severe in the preview window, i hardly see any bruise at all when i render it...

Is there something i'm doing wrong? or a work-around or anything? I do a lot of renders of bozing girls, and when they never get any bruises (Or sweat for that matter, same issue), it kind of messes up the whole concept... ~_~

We have had an update in queue for awhile waiting for DAZ to start processing DAZ PAs Iray products. The update readme says:

>>This update improves the product compatibility with Iray and other renderers like Octane, Reality , etc.

Renderers other than 3Delight like Iray have problem reading multiple shells occupying the same space. This is overcome by changing the offset by one unit.
    So for example if I have my first geometry shell over Genesis 2 Female at 0.02 offset, then the next geometry shell I put I need to change the offset to 0.021, the next one to 0.022 and so forth.
    This means the user needs to change the "Mesh Offset" value in the Parameters tab for every geometry shell he loads in scene over the same figure.
    Safe values for the first shell for Genesis 2 Female is 0.02 like the example above. on Genesis 2 Male since he has displacement veins on some of his textures we need to go a little higher with the first offset being 0.05 or 0.08. So if you start with the first geometry shell at 0.05 the next shell will be at a 0.051 offset, the next one at 0.052, and so forth.>>

But since Iray is still in Beta and keeps changing DAZ has a good reason to not start making these available so I guess we will have to wait a bit.

We planned this to be a free update since IRAY came so close after our product's release although the work to make it IRAY compatible was substantial and depending on changes in the Renderer we might have to work on it again.

Future updates to make other related products IRAY compatible like Wet Body Geometry Shells might have to be offered as a new version.

Post edited by SimonWM on
  • MysticXMysticX Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    We have had an update in queue for awhile waiting for DAZ to start processing DAZ PAs Iray products. The update readme says:

>>This update improves the product compatibility with Iray and other renderers like Octane, Reality , etc.

[snip]

We planned this to be a free update since IRAY came so close after our product's release although the work to make it IRAY compatible was substantial and depending on changes in the Renderer we might have to work on it again.

Future updates to make other related products IRAY compatible like Wet Body Geometry Shells might have to be offered as a new version.

Ah, i can understand DAZ waiting for Iray being fully implemented to start Okay-ing Iray-specific updates to products, but on a lighter note: the mesh offset trick worked! :D

Thanks for the tip, my girls can now look properly battle-worn again, and i'm looking forward to the update too, though if making it a new product is required, it's worth the money too ^_^