commercial use of some daz figures and products

hi low  sirfox here

to the point 

is it possible to use some of my daz figures ,after morphing them and some props in my short animation movie

which i may use in a commercial way

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Are you talking about using the actual model geometry (the mesh) or simply a normal animation using the 2d renders.   If it is the latter then it's fine.  If you somehow are using the geometry, ie the mesh then it would be a game, and not allowed without the correct license.

• im kind of new to all this, was hoping 4 some light on whether its possible to create a 3D animation movie scene for commercial use. 

are they any restrictions on how am to use the 3d modals amd props ( 3D movie wise not game wise) 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

If you are RENDERING an animated movie, no, there aren't...as long as the actual meshes are not being redistributed, you are fine.

• oh

so how do u not redistribute them ....any advice

• mjc1016 said:

If you are RENDERING an animated movie, no, there aren't...as long as the actual meshes are not being redistributed, you are fine.

So does this mean that if, for example, you used rendered daz images for a 2d point and click game or visual novel, that would be okay?

Asking more for clarification than anything, the EULA seems pretty straight forward but would be just like me to misinterpret, lol. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053

When you say "3D movie" what do you mean exactly? Is it simply a movie made from 3D items? (as in, a .avi or .mov file for example?) If so you should be fine.

• melaniemelanie Posts: 769

DAZ renders have been used for commercial projects such as book covers and advertisements. You paid for them so you're paying to use your renders for business or book covers, etc. I've used renders on my book covers.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The rendered images are your property....you can sell them in any format you want.

What you can't do is provide the mesh data and textures in a format that can be reused.   

A movie, rendered from animated 3D assets does not contain any mesh data, therefore it is not redistributing the meshes...even if the movie is '3D' (anaglyph, 'Real3D', etc).  where as a game (not one it sprites/cards/icons/etc) does contain meshes, and without the game dev license, is not allowed.  Not going into what is and isn't covered by the game dev licenses...the Daz one and individual vendors and you would need at least the Daz one.