Painting and blending male genital maps - Is there a tutorial out there?

2»

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2012

Zev0 said:
    RAMWolff said:
    No, sorry. The files are at that size and if I up the pixels it will not look very good. If you look at my freebie page There are some pics of the facial hair renders I did when I updated all the faces with new brows, lips, facial hair and created proper bump maps. I really don't know anyone that really NEEDS 4000 X 4000 and Bruno was never meant to be ultra realistic. He was created for digital comic book work. He's my hottie Italian Stallion that can be a hero too. :P

I can blow these up for you. I have Blowup2 plugin for photoshop. You can blow images up over 5 times its original size and still maintain good quality.

Wouldn't you just use Image scale? That's what I've been doing where required. Though there are limits, It'll blur if you scale too much.

EDIT: Image Size (in photoshop) and talking about all textures btw not just the 'toast' lol

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2012

If you scale specially at low dpi your images blur out or pixelate and loose a lot of quality. Blowup2 draws in details between the blown up pixels so the image looks the same at any size and there is no quality loss.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Wow, where can I get that?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Yes please, I want to get the Blowj... Blowup pluging too! God, I needed it like yesterday a year ago.

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited September 2012
    Post edited by Erdehel on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    RAMWolff said:
    No, sorry. The files are at that size and if I up the pixels it will not look very good. If you look at my freebie page There are some pics of the facial hair renders I did when I updated all the faces with new brows, lips, facial hair and created proper bump maps. I really don't know anyone that really NEEDS 4000 X 4000 and Bruno was never meant to be ultra realistic. He was created for digital comic book work. He's my hottie Italian Stallion that can be a hero too. :P

I can blow these up for you. I have Blowup2 plugin for photoshop. You can blow images up over 5 times its original size and still maintain good quality.

Send me the link to said plugin. I want that! :-) Hope it will work in CS 6 though!

edited December 1969

OUCH... $200.00... hmmm... might have to think about that for a minute! :P

edited December 1969

Getting that.... expect Bruno at 4000 X 4000 then. WOW... I'm blown away. I knew vectors must have played a role in this but this is just brilliant!

edited December 1969

Does not state clearly on the information or requirements pages if it's 32 or 64 bit. So I wrote them and suggested that they update their pages to reflect that sort of information.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Getting that.... expect Bruno at 4000 X 4000 then. WOW... I'm blown away. I knew vectors must have played a role in this but this is just brilliant!

Somehow I missed your Bruno though I buy about every male texture I find. Where can I find him? ;-)

And indeed $200 is ... ouch, but the results are well worth the price if you use it often.

edited December 1969

Just updated the first post of this thread to include a link to the Bruno freebie page....

edited December 1969

Thx :-)

edited December 1969

Nice folks. They sent me a 20% discount code so got the bundle. I'm in deep now! lmao!

edited December 1969

Erdehel said:
    Thx :-)

Just keep in mind the whole Bruno / Genesis experience will be Bruno on steroids. 7 body shapes, 2 head morphs, 3 additional hero faces, 30 head morphs, body fixes and body enhancements. Head enhancements too including age lines. I did it all in ZBrush. I wasn't kidding when I said I had folders of morphs. Well over 200 morphs.

edited December 1969

Erdehel said:

Yep, thats the one.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Perhaps this has already been answered and I just didn't see it, but does anyone know why DAZ didn't include an option to use M4 gen maps on the M5 gens? I mean, if we can use the V4 or M4 body textures on the Genesis figure itself simply by switching which UV set we're using, shouldn't we be able to do pretty much the same thing with ALL body parts?

edited December 1969

Been wondering this as well. Either there is a very good reason technically OR they just didn't want to. I'm curious to know which one it is.

edited December 1969

You got that remapped willy, right? Well slap the alternative UV on it after applying M4 material (any M4, pretty much; I used Lee for that), export to Hexagon and look at the UV map. It shows why it isn't a perfect remap and why there are some problems. It is as good as it comes. Where it joins the body, there's a pretty notable area that is not included. I tried to tweak the map so it would be, and got pretty bad distortion. Then again, I ain't good at this yet, but... still.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    You got that remapped willy, right? Well slap the alternative UV on it after applying M4 material (any M4, pretty much; I used Lee for that), export to Hexagon and look at the UV map. It shows why it isn't a perfect remap and why there are some problems. It is as good as it comes. Where it joins the body, there's a pretty notable area that is not included. I tried to tweak the map so it would be, and got pretty bad distortion. Then again, I ain't good at this yet, but... still.

Actually, I DON'T have the remapped M5 gens, but that's O.K. I just think it's odd that DAZ put all the effort into making sure that the user could use their M4/V4 maps on the Genesis figure, but didn't extend that functionality to ALL of the figure's body parts, limiting the user's options (I'm a perfectionist that way). I think it's more of a "don't wanna" rather than a "can't" issue. When I do use male gens on Genesis, I use the M4 gens -- I really don't like the M5 gens (looks more like a flat worm than a human appendage).

edited December 1969

I'd show but, uh, you know?

edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:
    Skiriki said:

Actually, I DON'T have the remapped M5 gens, but that's O.K. I just think it's odd that DAZ put all the effort into making sure that the user could use their M4/V4 maps on the Genesis figure, but didn't extend that functionality to ALL of the figure's body parts, limiting the user's options (I'm a perfectionist that way). I think it's more of a "don't wanna" rather than a "can't" issue. When I do use male gens on Genesis, I use the M4 gens -- I really don't like the M5 gens (looks more like a flat worm than a human appendage).

I use poisons Gens. Poison's Genesis Male Gens and She Gen for Genesis are way superior to what Daz has released with m5/v5. Plus they use Gen4 UV's. Although with his M5 Gens Morphs & Controls, M5 Gens is top at the list, but the lack of M4 UV's is its only draw back.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I'd show but, uh, you know?

That's O.K. -- I know what you're talking about. The thing I fail to understand is, how it is apparently LESS difficult for DAZ to stretch an entire M4 or V4 skin texture (head, face, torso, arms and legs -- EVERYTHING) onto the Genesis mesh, than it would be for DAZ to stretch a much smaller M4 gens texture onto an M5 gen figure. I mean, obviously some foresight was put into the creation of Genesis with the intent of being able to use older maps on it -- this same design philosophy couldn't have been applied to the creation of the M5 gens figure, as well? THIS is where I said it becomes an issue of "don't wanna" over "can't".

edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:
    Skiriki said:

Yea, not sure why they didn't set that up considering that a good many of the M4 texture sets comes with genital maps. Really kinda stupid actually. Oh well.... Make us work for the extra bits I guess! lol

• I found this old post and I was wondering...I have a couple of programs that allow me to paint seamlessly or do projection painting. But what do I need to do to try this? Do I need to load the full textured figure into to the program as well as the part that has no texture and then load the body texture map and then use it to paint the hip area of part that came with no texture like you would if you loaded a regular photograph. In Blacksmith, you can load a photograph of a face for example and then you click on the nose for example, then you can start to paint on an untextured head and the face will start to appear. (There are two ways to load a photograph for painting in Blacksmith and one of them gives you higher quality.)

Or do you have to load two figures and then clone from one to the other? (I'm not ever sure if you can actually clone from one model to another.) Or is there some other way that I am not thinking of.

Zev0 said:

If you scale specially at low dpi your images blur out or pixelate and loose a lot of quality. Blowup2 draws in details between the blown up pixels so the image looks the same at any size and there is no quality loss.

I've had Blow Up 3 for a couple of years now, love that plugin so it's def worth the money I paid.  There are times when it doesn't work too well, just depends on what you start out with.