3Delight Render Problem

edited September 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

OK so my DAZ Studio said it had an update. So I updated it and now when I render an image my 3Delight is all blocks. The image wont even show.
I'm on a PC with windows 7. Haven't had any problems until I updated it. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and if I uninstall DAZ Studio and re-install it will the content remain or will I have to re-install it all again?

Thanks.

The Render Link:
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv255/pwrngr/testimage.png

Post edited by pwrngr_af9a6c654d on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,235
    edited December 1969

That is very weird looking - what are your render settings? Do you have progressive rendering set to on? Go to Help>Troubleshooting>View log, just after rendering, and scroll to the end - are there any 3delight errors or warnings?

• edited December 1969

I just re-installed my older version and now it works just fine. Must be a bug with the new update I got. And no progressive rendering wasn't on. It's just a bug I assume on DAZ's end.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I am on Windows 7 and I have not seen or heard of any such bug.

• edited December 1969

So I guess since you haven't had this bug that no one else should have it is what your saying. Just because some people don't have a problem doesn't mean others wont.

edited December 1969

pwrngr said:
    So I guess since you haven't had this bug that no one else should have it is what your saying. Just because some people don't have a problem doesn't mean others wont.

If I had meant to say that, I would have said it.

What I AM saying is, that I am on these forums a lot, and I have never heard of any such bug, or even in the Mantis Bug Tracker. If it was a bug in the new update as you suggested, I would doubt very much that you would be the only user affected. Whatever it is, it is very distinctive, and I will certainly keep an eye out for it.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Rendering in 3Delight just causes my computer to crash. Fortunately I do have Reality which seems to work fine but there are some renders I prefer 3Delight for.

I heard it was an issue and it is being addressed with a new version number.

Any news on when that might be out?

edited December 1969

I haven't heard of any issue with 3Delight, I have heard of people having crashes, but they were usually very low spec machines with complex scenes.

edited December 1969

I don't think my rig is the problem...

Motherboard:GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5 AM3+ AT
    CPU:AMD PHENOM II X6 1100T BLK ED
    Memory:CORSAIR 16GB (2x8) VGN 2X4 D3 1866 DI
    Graphics Card:NVIDIA Quaddro 4000 workstation card - 2 GB GDDR5 memory & 256 CUDA cores
    Secondary Graphics Card:NVIDIA Geforce 210
    Main Hard Drive: KDI 128G SSDNOW V100 2.5SATA2
    Secondary Hard Drive: WD 1TB Hard Hrive 3.5INT SATA 7200 BLK
    Power Supply: PCPOWER 950W PCP&C SILENCER MK
    Case: COOLMAST HAF-X ATX GAMING CASE

Definitely not low end so I don't think that is it.

edited December 1969

It really needs looking in to. Have you checked the Log File after a crash to see if there are any 3Delight errors?

Does it crash with every render, or just some? If only some scenes, what is in the scenes that crash?

Have you tried resetting your Render Settings to factory defaults?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

There are others with the same problem, so it doesn't seem to be an "only one user" thing.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7910/

edited December 1969

Okay... weird.

I have been playing for a while and it is a certain scene that won't render in 32-it but renders fine in 64 bit.

Furthermore, I was experiencing the odd multicolored bands that laid on top of the character that some have attributed to an old or defective graphics card (Better no be, I paid a fortune)

In any event, THAT problem cleared up with a reboot and the cash on render only happens with busy scenes in 32-bit DAZ Studio.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    In any event, THAT problem cleared up with a reboot and the cash on render only happens with busy scenes in 32-bit DAZ Studio.

Sounds like you are running out of memory...just remember that 32 bit has a hard ceiling of 4 GB. But for all practical purposes, the actual limit is somewhere in the 2 to 3.5 GB range, depending on app/OS. So it is entirely possible, that while in 32 bit, you ARE running out of memory, or at least memory addressable and usable by D|S. And that Large Address program floating around doesn't always play nice with every app/OS combo.

BTW...if you've got 64 bit capable hardware and OS, why, in the name of all that's sane, are you still mucking about with 32 bit apps, that have 64 bit versions available?

edited December 1969

In some programs, certain plugins are not available in 64-bit yet (Here's looking at you, Photoshop.)

Since DAZ is plug-in heavy, I loaded both in case of this issue but it is looking like most everything is compatible in both.

I was just being safe, mainly, as if something was available only in 32-bit, I wanted that option. I almost exclusively use 64 bit now since 32 bit is choking on scenes.