3 G9's in scene but could only change eye map in the first one

Hello,  First I loaded a scene with just 1 G9, then I dragged in another scene with just 1 G9, then yet another with 1 G9 also. After posing them all, I wanted to change eye maps for the 3rd one. But with it's main figure node selected, loading eye maps from the Daz Originals base would only appear on the first G9 loaded! Many trys and always that unexpected result, I rebooted and still no difference. The inconvenient work around was to change the eye maps of figure 1 and copy them to figure 3, then change figure 1's eyes back to the way they were.surprise Is this a known issue? (running 4.22.0.16 64bit) / peace

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,806

I assume these were Hierarchical Materials presets?

• 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 100

Hi Richard, searching "hierarchical material presets" the MD Hierarchical Material Suite Pro states being able to override the default behavior of them only applying to the first loaded figure. So that would explain my experience, however, are the eye map presets, in the Daz Originals base materials, hierarchical? I was choosing irises and then adding lighter sclera maps. Thanks for your reply / peace

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,806

Yes - assuming your instalaltion has the emtadata correctly installed and the CMS running there should be content-type tage at top-right of the thumbnail, H Material means Hierarchical Materials preset.

• 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 100

Ahh, I see, (said the blindsided),cool thanks for your eye opening help / laugh/ peace