Increasing the folder name and thumbnail size in the content library

I've been through the settings of Daz trying to find a way to increate the text size of the folder names and the associated thumbnail on the folder, but can't find anything, is it possible to do that ?
Please see attached image.
Thanks.

Screenshot_65.png
258 x 450 - 35K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,453

On WIndows Daz Studio repsects the system font size setting, but it does not have its own UI scaling featues (this is a limitation of the Qt application framework version used - Daz Studio 5 will use an updated version of the framework and may therefore be able to support UI scaling).

• hellster90hellster90 Posts: 8

Richard Haseltine said:

On WIndows Daz Studio repsects the system font size setting, but it does not have its own UI scaling featues (this is a limitation of the Qt application framework version used - Daz Studio 5 will use an updated version of the framework and may therefore be able to support UI scaling).

Ah ok, thankyou for the reply. 

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 578

hellster90 said:

I've been through the settings of Daz trying to find a way to increate the text size of the folder names and the associated thumbnail on the folder, but can't find anything, is it possible to do that ?
    Thanks.

I have a workaround for the thumbnail size that may be of interest to you.  With some frequency, I save a larger sized thumbnail image file in Runtime/Support by overwriting the thumbnail image than comes with a product.  I certainly do this for any content that I manually install, and have done it for many (but not most yet) of DIM installed content.  While the thumbail shown in the Product Library is still tiny, if I hover my mouse over that thumbnail, the popup image is the larger sized one that I saved to Runtime/Support.

For example, in the first image below, you can see the tiny thumbnail for the product KA Abandoned FX and the larger sized popup image.

In the second image, I have not yet saved a larger sized image for KA Prehistoric Lands in Runtime Support and you can see that the popup image is much smaller.

The images in Runtime/Support are also the popup ones in Smart Content; see image 3.

1. Abandoned FX - larger sized saved thumbnail.jpg
    760 x 1080 - 233K
    2. Prehistoric Lands - product packaged thumbnail.jpg
    658 x 757 - 149K
    3. Abandoned FX - Smart Content popup.jpg
    1011 x 1035 - 296K
    edited May 24

jjoyner said:

hellster90 said:

Thanks.

I have a workaround for the thumbnail size that may be of interest to you.  With some frequency, I save a larger sized thumbnail image file in Runtime/Support by overwriting the thumbnail image than comes with a product.  I certainly do this for any content that I manually install, and have done it for many (but not most yet) of DIM installed content.  While the thumbail shown in the Product Library is still tiny, if I hover my mouse over that thumbnail, the popup image is the larger sized one that I saved to Runtime/Support.

For example, in the first image below, you can see the tiny thumbnail for the product KA Abandoned FX and the larger sized popup image.

In the second image, I have not yet saved a larger sized image for KA Prehistoric Lands in Runtime Support and you can see that the popup image is much smaller.

The images in Runtime/Support are also the popup ones in Smart Content; see image 3.

I only get text when I hover over a folder name in daz, it just shows the folder path to it, I don't get any image popup.
    I'd be content with the 91x91 pixel images I made to overlay the default blank folder icons.
    I just dropped a 91x91 image in the base folder with the same name as the asset folder, so it would display that instead of just blank folder icons

Screenshot_22.png
    610 x 140 - 15K
    Post edited by hellster90 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,453

Make sure that Tooltips are enabled in Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Preferencs for a Mac) in the Interface tab.

edited May 24

Richard Haseltine said:

Make sure that Tooltips are enabled in Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Preferencs for a Mac) in the Interface tab.

Tool tips are on.
    Turns out the mouseover showing the image popup is only in the Products section of the content library.
    Not in Daz Studio Formats/Daz Library.
    I use that section because I have all my assets categorised, in to types of clothing etc, so I can find what I need easily

Post edited by hellster90 on