total breakdown with my DAZ3D

problem 1: So right now I can't see any of my products in my products tab....

Problem 2: Any characters I made using various models from Genesis to Gen 8.1 are coming out like this or all distorted.

Problem 3: I get this when I try to bring up characters

Problem 4: Textures aren't coming in automatically

Problem 5: I've tried to re-set my CDM several times to match the external drive which is now F:

please help.

1.jpg
450 x 540 - 44K
2.jpg
774 x 736 - 157K
CMS.jpg
421 x 51 - 6K
DAZ Connect.jpg
612 x 52 - 7K
Poser Formats.jpg
574 x 94 - 13K
Studio Format.jpg
579 x 145 - 22K
3.jpg
295 x 120 - 8K

Comments

• Update: OK, I found where I goofed my CMS prefs (panic) problem solved on that issue. I may however have a new issue with my Genesis 8 and 8.1 character models which are still coming out strange, lacking their morphs.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,793

How are you installing?

• How are you installing?

So right now....all the Genesis 8 and 8.1 characters I have are installed. This problem with them started four days ago. I was trying to bring up two Shintaro Naruto anime model figures and they've lost auto connection to all their morphes so they end up appearing out of shape or "Frank-steinish" in appearance. I've tried re-installing Genesis 8 male basics and the Shintaro models but the same problem pops back up.

You didn't answer HOW are you installing, i.e. manual, DIM, Daz Connect?

And what does your log say (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File)?

• 1. manual installs

2. So here's an Ichigo model from Bleach when it loads up, it's all distorted.

And here is the log file

The log is saying things like "Could not find target file" to "Could not find target property"

ichigo.jpg
    1369 x 871 - 182K
    faults.jpg
    1345 x 604 - 327K

Your first post showed missing geometry data, but your last missing morph data.

When doing test it is best to use a base character, so there isn't any dependency to other morphs.

If a base character looks deform you might have a morph that is set to activate when it shouldn't.

If your base G8 character loads destorted, try in parameters and enable hidden and click 'currently used'. Then it should show an unwanted morph.

Regarding your Products folder, did it work previously?

• Regarding your Products folder, did it work previously?

Yes it did. So this morning I bout a Hitomi Genesis 1 model from the DAZ store, installed it manually, tried to bring it up and got this....

hitomi 1.jpg
    588 x 279 - 18K
    hitomi 2.jpg
    1077 x 760 - 113K
    hitomi 3.jpg
    1395 x 652 - 308K

And if you go to that path in your content library, is the file then there?

And is that content libray defined in Daz Studio formats?

The snip from the log says that your gpu driver is to old and can't be used.

• The snip from the log says that your gpu driver is to old and can't be used.

Do you have a recommendation for a safe place to download an update?

And if you go to that path in your content library, is the file then there?

So....go into the content library list in the DAZ program and see if that selection actually shows up right?

• So....I found out the maker / model of my GPU driver and went to their site to check for updates.

• drivers updated.