Cannot open DAZ Studio scene file: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command

I have some DAZ Studio scene files that I cannot open, because, of this error: "Not enough memory resources are available to process this command.". How can I fix this problem, for I can open the scene files?

My laptop has these hardware specs:

• Intel Core i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
  • 16GB Memory RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,513

Try switching the Viewport Drawstyle to a non-Iray/Filament mode, perhaps.

• scar_handscar_hand Posts: 121

Try switching the Viewport Drawstyle to a non-Iray/Filament mode, perhaps.

How can I do that in Daz Studio?
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,090

There's an icon in the corner of the viewport which allows you to switch between display modes.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,513

Cmd/ctrl plus a number key, or use the little sphere (or light-blub, for Filament, or Iray logo) to the left of the button for picking the camera/view in the top-right corner of the Viewport.

I tried the following: Open Daz Studio with a blank scene, changed the Viewport Drawstyle to "Wire Bounding Box", and File > Open to open the file, then Daz Studio crashed with an unknown error.

Then I tried: Open Daz Studio with a blank scene, changed the Viewport Drawstyle to "Filament (PBR)", and File > Open to open the file, then Daz Studio crashed with an unknown error.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,929

It seems that you're short of RAM... Try increasing the system virtual memory, then load the scene again... see if it works...

Better add more physical RAM if possible.

crosswind said:

It seems that you're short of RAM... Try increasing the system virtual memory, then load the scene again... see if it works...

Better add more physical RAM if possible.

Adjusting the virtual memory of my C drive solved the problem. Thanks.