[Released] Modern Home Essentials Stair Builder [Commercial]

LantiosLantios Posts: 85

https://www.daz3d.com/modern-home-essentials-stairs-builder

The MHE Collection strives to bring a classic look and feel in a variety of materials for you to be able to customize your scenes to your tastes! This particular set is a kit-bash made specifically to allow you to create a variety of stairs to give your home a second floor, while maintaining the aesthetic set up by the previous sets in the Collection!

Included are the pieces needed to create a variety of stairs as well as eight prebuilt staircases to get you started and show you how to use the set to achieve new heights.
The stairs come with five different stringers that can be toggled on/off and combined to achieve different looks. The railings come with two handrails, a blocky wood one and a round metal one, as well as two balusters, wood and metal, to create some variety. The railings also come with an attachment that can connect the handrail to the wall and glass pane that can be toggled on/off to give even more variety. A platform piece comes with snap points for stringers and railings, allowing you to attach what you need to fill in the gaps. Also included is a floor builder mesh, that connects at the top of the stairs and allows you to build your second floor with ease, to fit with the Room Builder walls!

This kitbash is built with versatility in mind. To allow full customization of the staircase height, the stairs are assembled from a one-piece riser+tread+stringers asset, which you then stack using the included snap point to the desired height. At any point, you can connect a platform piece, which includes more snap points for the different directions the stairs can go in as well as to add railings and stringers as needed. Cap off the stairs with the floor builder piece when you're done!
The included pose presets allow you to easily toggle between the different options available: change between the railings and stringers on the fly, then apply the different texture variations included (or rotate the tread and riser 180 degrees) to further customize the appearance and remove the tiled texture look! The railings includes "connector" pieces that allow you to create a continuous shape for your railings, or have them end into a wall if necessary.
The railing assets can be used to continue the staircase railing into a balcony, or standalone for a balcony without connecting to a staircase! The only limits are your imagination in this case, as you can build basically any staircase to suit your needs. Play with scale as well to achieve different looks like a double-wide staircase, or hiding every other balustrade to create different looks!

The pack comes with the four standard texture variations you've come to expect from the Modern Home Essentials Collection to help you match any assets in the collection to the stairs and vice versa. And of course, included are prebuilt staircases to help you get started by just loading and rendering!
In the prebuilts, we have a double wide T-shaped staircase, a half-height staircase made for a conversation pit or a split floor house, an L-shaped staircase and it's flipped twin, a simple straight staircase you'd find anywhere, a wrap-around balcony T-split staircase for gorgeous views and a U-shaped staircase with its flipped twin, which are used throughout the various renders in the product!

A sunken pit living room next to the entryway, with a glass paneled staircase leading up to the second floor

A bird's eye view of a mezzanine you can reach via an L-shaped staircase, with a small dining room beneath it

A large family home with a T-split staircase that leads up to the bedroom level

A compact U-shaped staircase fits snug against three walls

A double-wide T-split staircase with a wraparound balcony

Examples of all the elements included within the kitbash on a prebuilt staircase, showing how the pose presets can be used to easily swap between different styles of staircase

Keep an eye out for its release soon! I hope you all enjoy building your own stairs with ease with this kibash set!

Post edited by Lantios on

Comments

• johnjohn808johnjohn808 Posts: 152

Looks awesome! I`ll be on it when it`s released!

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,581

Very nice

• jkjjkj Posts: 23

Fantastic addition to the set.

• HappyboyHappyboy Posts: 54

This looks awesome. 

• LantiosLantios Posts: 85

I'm glad you guys like it! There will be more to come in this vein of "builders", I'm working on several things now

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,142

And it is alive in the store and in my cart!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,962

Yep, in the cart. Just waiting to finalize my purchase. @Lantinos, I am loving your series.

Excited to see what you guys do with it! :D

edited July 18

I'm trying to figure out how to create either of these 2 stairs as shown on the promos. I don't see presets for them.

Stairs1.png
    991 x 863 - 391K
    Stairs2.png
    991 x 858 - 415K
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

DoctorJellybean said:

I'm trying to figure out how to create either of these 2 stairs as shown on the promos. I don't see presets for them.

Hi, sorry I've been on vacation the last week and am just getting to my emails/messages! For both of these, I think the prebuilt base of "MHESB L Shaped Stairs" is used, and then you can use the various pose presets to change the elements to other ones so that you can achieve these looks! 

For example, in the first image, you could select every railing piece attached to every OTHER step and turn off the glass using the pose presets (to create the every other glass pane effect), and then swap the handrail in all the railing figures for the wood version using the included poses, then turn off the "riser" and "zigzag stringer" that are included in that prebuilt and enable the "stringer cross" and that should make it look like the first image!

For the second render you attached, you can use the same base as above, select all the railings and turn off the glass, switch the metal handrail and beams to the wood versions and swap the zigzag stringer for the plank stringer while turning off the risers and you should achieve the same look.

Does this all make sense?

Lantios said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Hi, sorry I've been on vacation the last week and am just getting to my emails/messages! For both of these, I think the prebuilt base of "MHESB L Shaped Stairs" is used, and then you can use the various pose presets to change the elements to other ones so that you can achieve these looks! 

For example, in the first image, you could select every railing piece attached to every OTHER step and turn off the glass using the pose presets (to create the every other glass pane effect), and then swap the handrail in all the railing figures for the wood version using the included poses, then turn off the "riser" and "zigzag stringer" that are included in that prebuilt and enable the "stringer cross" and that should make it look like the first image!

For the second render you attached, you can use the same base as above, select all the railings and turn off the glass, switch the metal handrail and beams to the wood versions and swap the zigzag stringer for the plank stringer while turning off the risers and you should achieve the same look.

Does this all make sense?

Thank you.

Yes, it does make sense. I actually figured that out once I start experimenting with it. I hope to have a render soon.