How to make M4's eyes one glowing color

How to make M4's eyes one glowing color

I'd like to have the whole eye, the pupil, iris and whites of the eyes be the same color for the effect, can someon etell me exactly what I'll need to select then change all to the same ambient color so I can try to a glowing effect,

so far results haven't been the best

thanks

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,064
    edited May 14

Pls go to Surfaces pane, selec surfaces: Cornea, Iris, Lacrimal, Pupil and Sclera. Remove maps from the slots: Diffuse Color, Opacity Strength and Bump Strength. Set the same color you want in the slots : Diffuse Color and Specular Color. Then you can get the one same color on eyeballs.

If you want the eyes to glow (emissive...), you may refer to this thread from Sven Dullah. as IIRC, you render with 3Delight. If you want to render with Iray, you have to apply Iray Uber shader to those eyes surfaces beforehand and set up Emissive related slots. And you may need a map of mask if you just need partial surface of eyeballs to glow...

SNAG-2024-5-14-009.png
    1762 x 1390 - 1M
    SNAG-2024-5-14-010.png
    1757 x 1391 - 1M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • VicSVicS Posts: 1,261

That looks great, thanks Crosswind!

Crosswind, do  you have the exact link to that aprticular thread where Sven writes about getting glow in 3DL

thanks

VicS said:

Crosswind, do  you have the exact link to that aprticular thread where Sven writes about getting glow in 3DL

thanks

Ah, my bad... I forgot to paste the link. Pls check: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6664286/#Comment_6664286

Thanks crosswind

VicS said:

Thanks crosswind

You're welcome !