Menu customization: scripts vs favorites

cheardcheard Posts: 58
edited May 9 in Daz Studio Discussion

Friends, please accept my apologies if there's already a thread about this; when I try to search the forums, my browser searches the store instead. I don't know why.

Anyway, is there any functional difference between adding utility scripts to the Scripts menu vs. the Favorites menu? Many utilities sold in the store include a custom action to add themselves to the menu bar; some add themselves to Scripts, some to Favorites. I know how to further customize the menu bar. The question is simply whether there's any difference to storing things in the Scripts menu vs. the Favorites menu, or is it just user preference?

Gratefully,

Chris

Post edited by cheard on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,734
    edited May 10

No, use whichever you like. Or use Window>Workspace>Customise to move the custom action to another menu. That said, the design intent is for Scripts to be commands that run literal scripts or launch tools while Favourites is for content, but the difference is not functional so you can set it aside if desired, in whole or in part.

There are some special menus - Tools, File>Save As and its sub-menus, Window>Panes(Tabs) at least - which are generated and should, as far as I know, be left alone but most are fair game.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on