G8.1F suddenly not compatible with G8.1F items and figures in smart content

I have no idea when this issue started, perhaps a week or two ago, but anytime I am using a Genesis 8.1 female figure, smart content will only show assets for Genesis 8. In order to see 8.1-specific content, I have to uncheck Filter By Context, which shows me literally everything under the sun. Iäm looked at the meta for Genesis 8.1 Basic Female in Genesis 8 Essentials, and its compatibility and compatibility base are both still /Genesis 8.1/Female, but somehow it's not working in smart content. If this has happened to anyone else before, what resolved it?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,285

Metadata can be changed inadvertently by another product installed later. With a G8.1F loaded, check the actual compatibility base. Right-click the Scene tab, Edit->Scene Identification, and look for the Compatibility Base field. If it is not /Genesis 8.1/Female, that's your problem. From that value, you might be able to determine the product, or something that uses it, that has set the wrong value in its metadata.

Re-installing or re-importing metadata for Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials should get it back on track, but does not correct the source of the problem. If you can identify the product in error, let us know what it is, and report it so that it can be corrected for any other users who might have the same problem.

• protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 56
    edited May 9

NorthOf45 said:

Metadata can be changed inadvertently by another product installed later. With a G8.1F loaded, check the actual compatibility base. Right-click the Scene tab, Edit->Scene Identification, and look for the Compatibility Base field. If it is not /Genesis 8.1/Female, that's your problem. From that value, you might be able to determine the product, or something that uses it, that has set the wrong value in its metadata.

Swift and precise answer. The compatibility base was /Genesis 8/Female1. Switching it and Preferred Base to the right one fixed it for this scene at least. Now I know what my next step is. After that, find the root's gonna be... ugh.

Post edited by protosynthetic on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,285

protosynthetic said:

NorthOf45 said:

Swift and precise answer. The compatibility base was /Genesis 8/Female1. Switching it and Preferred Base to the right one fixed it for this scene at least. Now I know what my next step is. After that, find the root's gonna be... ugh.

Maybe not so difficult. Work back from today through the products that you have last installed. If it has only been a week, or so, it shouldn't take long.

• protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 56

At any rate, simply reinstalling the meta from DIM did the trick for now. And I know what to do if/when this happens again. So thank you very much!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,513

This is an issue which is being reviewed in general, as there are several products that have been found to cause it.