WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944

https://www.daz3d.com/troll

the DAZ Troll is very old but he wears a loin cloth in the promo image

however I don't seem to be able to find one even as an addon

all my Predatron Trolls are dressed but DAZ Troll seems to be a nudist

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,852
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,650

The loin cloth came from the pack Troll  Accessories which was a freebie in the old old DAZ store. name of the file is ps_fr213_TrollAccessories.exe. No longer available I am afraid.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,852
    edited May 9

DollyGirl said:

The loin cloth came from the pack Troll  Accessories which was a freebie in the old old DAZ store. name of the file is ps_fr213_TrollAccessories.exe. No longer available I am afraid.

Woohoo - got it in my collection !!!

Troll Accessories 1.png
    1531 x 901 - 154K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited May 9

I might have it too then yes

yes Voidtools Everything found it on my Downloads drive not sure if installed, probably not or would have found it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,547

That early freebie collection from daz was an excellent starter set for new users back then

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,257
    Yes I do
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,792

Guess my troll will continue to be naked. blush

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,556
    edited May 13

Do you by any chance have Troll for Genesis? That version should be able to wear Genesis clothing

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited May 13

pwiecek said:

Do you by any chance have Troll for Genesis? That version should be able to wear Genesis clothing. Unfortunately, that's not in the store either.

yes I do

I also have mysterious troll clothes by Predatron that exactly matches the Upland Troll's set but don't fit it or anyone else, not sure if a bonus or separate product as cannot find them in my download library 

at least not called "troll clothes" as they are in my content library 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

The genesis route definitely works,  And he looks quite dapper.

@firstbastion That's convenient. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the chuckle, too.

pwiecek said:

Do you by any chance have Troll for Genesis? That version should be able to wear Genesis clothing

So we see. laugh

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,655
    edited May 14

A long time ago (2008), I did this with Wardrobe Wizard (ignore the pokethrough :p )

Daz Doorstep Challenge 2.jpg
    1200 x 916 - 662K
    Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787
    edited May 15

WendyLuvsCatz said:

https://www.daz3d.com/troll

the DAZ Troll is very old but he wears a loin cloth in the promo image

however I don't seem to be able to find one even as an addon

all my Predatron Trolls are dressed but DAZ Troll seems to be a nudist

The Ollock add-on has painted-on clothes over new 'skin' and some extras ...

I reinstalled him and am going to try to convert him to the Daz content directory and find some dForce clothes for him.

Post edited by WillowRaven on

This is the link to the genesis version of the TROLL  https://www.daz3d.com/troll-for-genesis

And though not a loin cloth, Troll2112 says it's for Daz Troll, too.

WillowRaven said:

That's hilarious, kind of adorable - Certainly entertaining. I kind of want to wishlist it.  

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,412

If you're bloody minded enough, anything can have clothes.

Exactly. Especially wit dForce everywhere. All you do is manually size and parent it to the desired are and simulate.

How hard would it be to turn old figure clothes into drapable items? Would they have to be converted into a solid shell first or something, exported and saved, then brought back in and applied a simulation surface?

Just like any other extreme Genesis or higher character, some clothing will work great and some won't.

edited May 17

Torquinox said:

WillowRaven said:

That's hilarious, kind of adorable - Certainly entertaining. I kind of want to wishlist it.  

If you can't get the original troll, you can always decapitate any troll (or other monstrous humanoid) and stick its head in the helmet. Then use the suit as the figure.

You might like these also

https://www.daz3d.com/space-apes for Millenium Gorilla

https://www.daz3d.com/denizen Stand alone but compatible with the Generation 3 version of the Freak

Post edited by pwiecek on

Those are awesome... wishing those for later.

If I manually fit those to a troll and then saved them as wearable Daz presets, they would stay at the right scale, wouldn't they?

WillowRaven said:

Exactly. Especially wit dForce everywhere. All you do is manually size and parent it to the desired are and simulate.

My approach is both simpler and more complex than that.

The backbone of the method is broadly that I've created auto-fit clones that let me shape clothes to fit the centaurs. So I end up with new versions of the clothes that are now natively compatible with the centaurs.

Although with them not having a humanoid shape, some things require extra editing work on top of that. Seeing as one of today's side sale banners reminded me I'd bought it (I think I needed to trigger a sale, and it was the thing I liked most), I've been adapting the Fortuna's Favour outfit today, and that needs stitching together to make it into a coherent whole.

But a more humanoid figure like the trolls wouldn't need as much special treatment to make clothes fit.

How hard would it be to turn old figure clothes into drapable items? Would they have to be converted into a solid shell first or something, exported and saved, then brought back in and applied a simulation surface?

If they're not immediately compatible with dForce, then the process of making them so will generally vary between extremely tedious and impossible.

I recently converted Jumbo Side Braids into a simulatable hair, and I ended up processing the original geometry to the point that basically none of the original vertices are still there.

RinaFortuna60_MC.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 464K

Matt_Castle said:

My approach is both simpler and more complex than that.

The backbone of the method is broadly that I've created auto-fit clones that let me shape clothes to fit the centaurs. So I end up with new versions of the clothes that are now natively compatible with the centaurs.

Although with them not having a humanoid shape, some things require extra editing work on top of that. Seeing as one of today's side sale banners reminded me I'd bought it (I think I needed to trigger a sale, and it was the thing I liked most), I've been adapting the Fortuna's Favour outfit today, and that needs stitching together to make it into a coherent whole.

(pic)

But a more humanoid figure like the trolls wouldn't need as much special treatment to make clothes fit.

If they're not immediately compatible with dForce, then the process of making them so will generally vary between extremely tedious and impossible.

I recently converted Jumbo Side Braids into a simulatable hair, and I ended up processing the original geometry to the point that basically none of the original vertices are still there.

Hmmm ... Not looking for tedious or impossible. I would, though, be interested in learning how to stitch seems from older clothes so when I apply the Force surface so it won't fall apart. The problem is that all of the tutorials I've seen try to teach me how to model. I want to be able to modify, not model. I don't suppose you have a video of you creating/modifying clothes for the centaur?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,302

Guttlekraw has a cap and a vest, and a harness to hold the drum, but no lower covering to speak of, other than the drum.

Troll Rogue has a loincloth on on belt.

Troll2112 for the spacefaring Troll, has a second skin suit, and a, um, cup for "pants". More like the cup you would put in a jockstrap...

WillowRaven said:

Those are awesome... wishing those for later.

If I manually fit those to a troll and then saved them as wearable Daz presets, they would stay at the right scale, wouldn't they?

They're Poser era items and don't even fit Generation 3 or 4 human characters so I doubt it.

I found a freebies page for Daz Troll. I personally see one or two useful, especially if the right iray shaders are applied.

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Troll

WillowRaven said:

The problem is that all of the tutorials I've seen try to teach me how to model. I want to be able to modify, not model.

To be honest, that Venn diagram has a lot of overlap.

Sometimes the best way of modifying something is removing a problem area and rebuilding it.

For an example, when I wanted to remake this bra (left) to work better with dForce, my version (right) bears extremely little resemblance at the geometry level (Even ignoring the extra bits I added on, like the frilled edges and bow).

The only parts that are close to matching are the shoulder straps, which were already one of the cleanest parts of the original geo. (Even so, I've still changed them). For the rest of it, I made a much cleaner geometry that I wrapped to the original.

Your ability to modify an asset will be considerably limited if you don't know how to model. Indeed, for the modification of the "armour" in my last post, much of the middle of the horso (it's a technical term, honest) is made from freshly extruded geometry because it was easier to do that way.

I don't suppose you have a video of you creating/modifying clothes for the centaur? 

Not so far, but I could look at doing it next time I'm modifying something suitable.

Matt_Castle said:

WillowRaven said:

I don't suppose you have a video of you creating/modifying clothes for the centaur? 

Not so far, but I could look at doing it next time I'm modifying something suitable.

Please let me know when you do :)