Daz Dynamics or Optiex thread?

13»

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Since there still isn't an Optitex/Daz Dynamics thread, I'll show off my latest work here :D

I must say again ... I absolutely love Daz Dynamics. The only thing I could possibly complain about is there isn't more to throw my money at ... lol.

More medieval / gothic / period styles, please, Martin :D :D :D For V4, M4 & K4. And I know you'll only make them for DS3 for so long, but as long as you do, I'm buyin' :D

This is the Maiden Fair Gown for Daz.

Wow! Stunning gown!

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Since there still isn't an Optitex/Daz Dynamics thread, I'll show off my latest work here :D

I must say again ... I absolutely love Daz Dynamics. The only thing I could possibly complain about is there isn't more to throw my money at ... lol.

More medieval / gothic / period styles, please, Martin :D :D :D For V4, M4 & K4. And I know you'll only make them for DS3 for so long, but as long as you do, I'm buyin' :D

This is the Maiden Fair Gown for Daz.

Wow! Stunning gown!

It's possibly my favorite gown :D Of course, I modified the transmap to show off more cleavage, but I absolutely love how it drapes and flows :D I am a huge fan and promoter of Martin's work. Kinda why I panic when I can't get it to work ... lol.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    I know I can't change your mind...but, V4/M4 and all their associated content work in 4.5...you just don't get all the bells and whistles associated with Genesis if you use them, exclusively.

One, I don't personally like the look of Genesis. I won't really get into it in Martin's thread or any other, because every time I do I earn enemies and get publicly chastised while at the same time I get dozens of secret emails from those that agree with me for the same reasons I was dumb enough to voice before. Genesis has a long way to go before I make that switch.

Two, I am not the only person to mention that a lot of the old runtime simply disappears once DS4 is open. Many people have mentioned in this forum and others that they put their scenes together in DS3 so they can find everything then open the all but draped and rendered scene in DS4 just for finish up, which looks like what I'll have to do here since the $400 job that is waiting on me to do a simple drape of the a Daz Dynamic dress is waiting on my to get Daz to answer their phone so I can get the files I paid for ... lol.

I don't mean to be dumping my frustration on ya'll, none of this, including my prejudice against the 'advancements and improvements' made to Daz over the last year-plus have tarnished my view a bit. I just get testy when my livelihood is being messed with. Even a few days of a product not doing what I paid for it to do affects not only publishing deadlines but my reputation as a freelance artist. I get a little melodramatic.

Anyway, I can't wait until Monday, so I guess I finish everything but the drape in DS3, then re-open the scene in DS4.5 to animate it, since that was the only version of the clothing control that was re-set.

Please save your scene elsewhere before you try to open it. I think 4.5 doesn't do well with 3.0 scene files. I tried a few days ago and 4.5 crashed trying to open the scene file. I was quite disappointed. I don't know if it damaged it in the process or not, but I thought I'd warn you just in case that also happens.

Dana

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Please save your scene elsewhere before you try to open it. I think 4.5 doesn't do well with 3.0 scene files. I tried a few days ago and 4.5 crashed trying to open the scene file. I was quite disappointed. I don't know if it damaged it in the process or not, but I thought I'd warn you just in case that also happens.

Dana

Ugh! Thanks for the tip.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    mjc1016 said:
    I know I can't change your mind...but, V4/M4 and all their associated content work in 4.5...you just don't get all the bells and whistles associated with Genesis if you use them, exclusively.

One, I don't personally like the look of Genesis. I won't really get into it in Martin's thread or any other, because every time I do I earn enemies and get publicly chastised while at the same time I get dozens of secret emails from those that agree with me for the same reasons I was dumb enough to voice before. Genesis has a long way to go before I make that switch.

Two, I am not the only person to mention that a lot of the old runtime simply disappears once DS4 is open. Many people have mentioned in this forum and others that they put their scenes together in DS3 so they can find everything then open the all but draped and rendered scene in DS4 just for finish up, which looks like what I'll have to do here since the $400 job that is waiting on me to do a simple drape of the a Daz Dynamic dress is waiting on my to get Daz to answer their phone so I can get the files I paid for ... lol.

I don't mean to be dumping my frustration on ya'll, none of this, including my prejudice against the 'advancements and improvements' made to Daz over the last year-plus have tarnished my view a bit. I just get testy when my livelihood is being messed with. Even a few days of a product not doing what I paid for it to do affects not only publishing deadlines but my reputation as a freelance artist. I get a little melodramatic.

Anyway, I can't wait until Monday, so I guess I finish everything but the drape in DS3, then re-open the scene in DS4.5 to animate it, since that was the only version of the clothing control that was re-set.

Dana

I'm not sure if I'm just lucky or what, but I've had no problems with any of my DS3 scenes in 4.5. I've even had some with elements that won't load in DS4.5 (like the LuxrenderDS IBL light...it uses a deprecated method of creating a sphere) load and open with no problem. In fact, I've saved the sphere as a scene subset, so I can use that IBL (mostly those presets) in 4.5.

What is is that people have in the scenes that's causing so many fits?

edited December 1969

I wish I knew. All I know is that I've seen others say the same thing. I haven't done really much with it, so my experience is not a true litmus test.

Dana

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

The clothes changed in 3.0.1.73 (or something like that?), and we had a new version of the plug-in and had to redownload all clothes, remember? The scenes made before that do not work anymore, but that happened even in later versions of DS3, let alone in DS4.

edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    The clothes changed in 3.0.1.73 (or something like that?), and we had a new version of the plug-in and had to redownload all clothes, remember? The scenes made before that do not work anymore, but that happened even in later versions of DS3, let alone in DS4.

Since you didn't quote, I don't know if you're talking to me or not. The scene that crashed on me had no dynamics in it.

I think that older versions of things like this should be kept available for people who can't run the newest, greatest versions of things. Not everybody has a brand new computer.

Dana