Post dates prior to 2016 limited to month?

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

Am I imagining or didn't the forums used to list the day as well as the month a post was made?... Now, prior to January 1, 2016, only the month and year shows up... No more "December 18, 2015"... Just "December 2015"... I just went back to try and find something and noticed that.  Is it a new bug or is there some reason for that? 

Comments

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

It's likely a feature. After all, the post was made last year... I suppose we can be glad it at least lists the month too.

• Hoveer the mouse over it and it will show the full time-stamp.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

It has always shown a 'short format'  timestamp on older posts, since the forum software update, with hovering showing the full timestamp. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It is not just Daz that does things like this.  I noticed I suddenly lost a whole year of my Purchase History on Ebay on the 2nd January.as they only give you 3 years history. Now that is 2016, 2015 and 2014. Nothing showing at all for 2013.

• Thanks Richard. That was making me more batty than usual. I get that I don't really need to know exactly what day in March 2013 something was posted, but for things that were last week, that also happens to now be last year, I was thinking it is sort of relevant.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008
    edited January 2016

The hovering thing does not work on tablets and mobile devices... (Edited out some of my comment)... I suppose I could use the computer to look up the date if it's necessary.

Thanks.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I get that I don't really need to know exactly what day in March 2013 something was posted, but for things that were last week, that also happens to now be last year, I was thinking it is sort of relevant.

Last week? It was just a few days ago, and now it's "too far back to be significant". Time for a bug report, maybe? I can't think how no-one noticed this before — was it really ticking over to the reduced display on the dot of every month?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I get that I don't really need to know exactly what day in March 2013 something was posted, but for things that were last week, that also happens to now be last year, I was thinking it is sort of relevant.

Last week? It was just a few days ago, and now it's "too far back to be significant". Time for a bug report, maybe? I can't think how no-one noticed this before — was it really ticking over to the reduced display on the dot of every month?

Yes, and ticking over from the time to just the month and day every day at midnight.  I can't imagine who thought that was a useful way to do things.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

Yes, and ticking over from the time to just the month and day every day at midnight.  I can't imagine who thought that was a useful way to do things.

It might be understandable if it saved the programmers some work, but it actually takes more work to do it this way.

Besides AM/PM is not a global format, they should use the ISO format (2016-01-24 - 22:15:33) which is the recommended and most logical format and which makes all DateTime programming much much simpler and with far less potential bugs.