Help on Save and Save As path...

functionfunction Posts: 279

Last month I moved complete DAZ3D Library from disk E to disk D, and changed all path settings from E to D in the Content Directory Manager and Install Manager, now there is no E: path can be found in the software settings, I checked many times.

So far inside DAZ, every resource can be found properly, except One thing: anytime I want to Save a scene, or Save As a scene, or scene subset etc., it continue provides the old E: path in the pop up 'Filtered Save' dialog, I changed to D drive and saved, but next time it still provides E: path, really strange,  is that something related to CMS? what can I do now?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322

Is this from the File menu or the + button in the Content Libary pane?

• functionfunction Posts: 279

Richard Haseltine said:

Is this from the File menu or the + button in the Content Libary pane?

It is from the File menu, Save or Save as. The + button in Content Library has no problem. Actually I never noticed that + button until you mentioned here.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322

That should remember the last folder used, as long as it exists, and should revert to a default (which for me is the not terribly helpful application folder) if not. That makes what you are seeeing double weird, if there is no longer an E: drive at all.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,228

I have had a similar issue with the Export command not remembering the last path I exported to. It is very frustrating. After some experimentation, it looks like Export defaults to the last I used path for Import, not the last path I used path for export. I wonder if Save and Open work that way. You might try opening an old scene from the new Save location and see if Save remembers that path the next time.

Richard Haseltine said:

That should remember the last folder used, as long as it exists, and should revert to a default (which for me is the not terribly helpful application folder) if not. That makes what you are seeeing double weird, if there is no longer an E: drive at all.

That is what I thougt, maybe it remembered the last folder used, so I saved to the new D drive, close the DAZ, restart, same thing happened again, and again.

But, the E drive still in my PC, and the Symbolic link still in the old E drive for safety purpose. The reason I don't want to save to E drive is, I had saved one subset to E Symbolic link (sure it is physically in D drive), then I can not find it in Smart content - Saved Files, but the file is there in the D drive together with other savings, after many tests, I found it is because the saved address does not pointed directly to D: when saving, that's the reason I'm asking now.

barbult said:

I have had a similar issue with the Export command not remembering the last path I exported to. It is very frustrating. After some experimentation, it looks like Export defaults to the last I used path for Import, not the last path I used path for export. I wonder if Save and Open work that way. You might try opening an old scene from the new Save location and see if Save remembers that path the next time.

Yes, thanks barbult. Seems like it is the way to solve the problem, so far I tried to open some scene and scene subset, now the save as scene or scene subset shows D: path correctly, but those save as xxxx preset still shows E: path, later I will try to find and open/save more presets with D: path, gosh... 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,228

It sounds like you are half way to success, at least! Please post back about if/how you solve the other preset path issues. I think this will help someone else in the future, who might be searching the forum for discussions about this problem.