Possible memory leak

Anyone noticing declining performance in recent versions of Daz over time? When I leave the application open, even without anything in the scene, sometimes I leave my computer for a while, come back, and the overall performance is a slideshow. Library doesn't scroll right, selecting things in the scene has a bunch of lag, etc. Closing and reopening Daz fixes it.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,751

Do you have the Heat-plugin installed?

• Yes, is that what causes it?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,274

It certainly causes some cumulative performance issues during a session. There was a fix soon after release that addressed some of the issues, and another this week (though I am not sure what that did) so it may be worth checking for updates first (assuming you use the tool).

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 496

Richard - If I uncheck a Daz Studio plugin, I presume that Daz Studio will not load it any longer on bootup.  But where can I find the installed plugin files to delete?  Thanks.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,808

Unchecking the plugin prevents it from being loaded on DS start-up. As for uninstallation, still better uninstall it via DIM. Technically, you can also delete the DLL file in the folder : C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 496

crosswind said:

Unchecking the plugin prevents it from being loaded on DS start-up. As for uninstallation, still better uninstall it via DIM. Technically, you can also delete the DLL file in the folder : C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

As a plug in, I wasn't sure that it would appear in DIM, but I see that any content installed via DIM can be uninstalled via DIM as long as the manifest file is in place. Thanks.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,808

jjoyner said:

crosswind said:

As a plug in, I wasn't sure that it would appear in DIM, but I see that any content installed via DIM can be uninstalled via DIM as long as the manifest file is in place. Thanks.

Yea, some plug-ins provide executable installer (*.exe file). If having installed with executable installer, just look for the Uninstaller under Daz3D program groups.