'Medieval Battlefield Kit'? (Solved)

tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,408
edited April 28 in The Commons

I'm slowly going out of my mind here, hope somebody can help: I'm really really sure there used to be a kit or a collection, I THINK it was on Kitbash3d, that had all kinds of elements for medieval battle scenes from the crusades, including all sorts of knights in different gear, on horses, etc. There was also a set with a medieval mediterranean feel to it, I think it was a market set in a historical middle eastern city, with palm trees, columns and such, and also lots of figures included. The battle field bundle or kit was on Humblebundle once, I seem to remember. But now, I can't find ANY of it anymore!

Kitbash3d now only has a 'Medieval Siege' and a 'Medieval Market' thingy, and both are European and do not include figures, as far as I can see. So these are NOT the ones I mean. Does anyone know where the beautiful huge kits/bundles/sets that I described went? Help so much appreciated! heart

Post edited by tsroemi on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924

are you sure they are not game assets for Unity or Unreal by someone else?

there is plenty of the stuff that you described out there

not cheap, I have some awesome sets and characters etc I got free for the month from some of them from Unreal Marketplace 

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 528

I have never seen a single kit from Kitbash3d including any figures! And some years ago the removed some older assets from their store, that are no longer available.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,408

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not cheap, I have some awesome sets and characters etc I got free for the month from some of them from Unreal Marketplace 

Oh Wendy, you're a life saver! Your question sent me in the right direction, the kits are here: https://www.bigmediumsmall.com/medieval-update. This also reminds me why I didn't buy them, cause a) really expensive, and b), can I do anything with the assets in DAZ? I do have Unreal but have never yet really used it, and I have Blender but am plain terrible with it, and also with im/exporting. But the description says there are OBj files, these should be good for DAZ right?

Thanks again, I'd been searching for literal hours! 

markusmatern said:

I have never seen a single kit from Kitbash3d including any figures! And some years ago the removed some older assets from their store, that are no longer available.

Thanks, you're very right as it turned out (see above)! 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924
    edited April 28

I have an idea Unity versions are easier to get into DAZ than Unreal ones

I just never really figured out how to use Unity but the base meshes are usually FBX, it's the textures and materials that are tricky to bring pver

Getting stuff from Unreal into D|S is a lot of work but I do do it, exporting a gltf or glb file gets a lot of stuff textured into Blender as an intermediary which helps

the latest D|S beta has improved FBX import some things import with an animation take, however posing stuff manually doesn't work well, the bones end up weirdly pivoted

The kits you linked have obj, FBX and Blend files so should be easier to get into DAZ studio 

you might be able to autofit the clothes if you scale the figures to match Genesis figures 

you could pose and do this in Blender

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,263

tsroemi said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Oh Wendy, you're a life saver! Your question sent me in the right direction, the kits are here: https://www.bigmediumsmall.com/medieval-update.

Damn, I didn't know about this website. I don't have much use for any of those sets currently, but if they ever fit into a project I was working on, I'd definitely use those in addition to or instead of KB3D sets.

This also reminds me why I didn't buy them, cause a) really expensive

It's expensive compared to Daz assets, but look at everything you get for the money. They're priced competitively with KB3D sets, and there aren't a lot of things in the Daz store that give you as much bang for your buck as those.

b), can I do anything with the assets in DAZ?

I haven't done much importing FBX into DS, so I don't know if the importing has improved as much as the exporting has recently. 

@WendyLuvsCats, thanks again, yes, I know how to import OBJ at least, so this would work for sure, though it's always a hassle with the textures. Really interesting what you said about posing and such in Blender! I just learned that Blender now has an asset library as well, so maybe it's really high time to get more into it. What scares me off most is the lighting, I'm so terrible with this and I happily use all the kits I can get in DS for that.

@Gordig, of course, you're totally right, it's a MASSIVE set, so it's not expensive per se - and even on sale atm. It's just a high price for me right now, mainly because I had a cruel car repair bill this month already and fell for basically all the traps DAZ set for me during March Madness and beyond ;-) So I'm kind of reluctant to splurge so much. Especially when, looking at the single assets I keep seeing things that I basically own already in DS. But yeah, the sets are really really cool ...