Making keys at end of timeline the new startpoint at begining of timeline ?

cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 435
edited April 28 in The Commons

DS 4.22 beta.

I have a scene with keyframes on a timeline.

I like to start fresh, but need the keyframes at the end to become the new starting point.

I tried to just delete the other keyframes but then all the objects jump around.

I tried to set the end keyframes to "constant" before deleting the other keyframes but that did not help.

Is there a simple, quick way to achieve what I am after?

keyframes.jpg
1385 x 1067 - 391K
Post edited by cgidesign on

Comments

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,908

Go to the last keyframes, right click your character in the scene tab and click on select all children. Then click the set a keyframe button on the timeline and you should be fine. Happens to me all the time if I forget to key everything or thought I did but didn't. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,297

By default the interpolation will smooth after the key based on what happened before, and vice versa, so even if the keyed settings match there will be a dsicontinuity. Also be aware that if there isn't a key on a proeprty on the last frame but it is keyed earlier it will reveert to itsd default values. You could keep the existign timeline, save for items thata re no longer in the scene, and adjust the play range for the new scene.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,148

Richard Haseltine said:

By default the interpolation will smooth after the key based on what happened before, and vice versa, so even if the keyed settings match there will be a dsicontinuity. Also be aware that if there isn't a key on a proeprty on the last frame but it is keyed earlier it will reveert to itsd default values. You could keep the existign timeline, save for items thata re no longer in the scene, and adjust the play range for the new scene.

Sooo, Daz Studio could benefit from a "bake keyframe" feature I guess?
    Or, possibly, a "Collapse to keyframe" to copy the last value change for each setting into the last keyframe?

Just thinking of how I would solve something like that if I were still programming, maybe one of the PA's can investigate.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,297

Adding a key should handle the cases where a property isn't keyed but has changed due to previous keys, so that is a form of baking.

• cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 435

Thanks all.

I tried various ways now but it does not work as expected. E.g. select all, select children -> create keyframe, only catches some of the objects. Example, the table object has a lamp child which has a shade child. Somehow only selecting one after the other lets me assing new keys.

Anyway: I start from scratch, which seems to be the better way in this cases like this.