Help Needed With DS 4.21 Beta (SOLVED)

edited April 28 in The Commons

I was going to update my G9 Starter Essentials but clicked the reinstall option in DIM which uninstalled them (yikes!). I first tried a manual reinstall (usually a bad idea for me) but realized I didn't know quite where to put everything, so went with the DIM download option in My Products, and installed DS4.22 at the same time.

Now, every G3 or G8 character, including the base Male and Female I've tried to load (didn't try my earlier generations) in the DS 4.21 beta, all I get is the mesh. No, I'm not seeing any error messages. I even refreshed the folders from within 4.21. What's really strange is I don't have this problem with the DS 4.11 or DS 4.22 installs on the same machine.

I would like to still be able to use the 4.21 beta in case my older computer doesn't like 4.22. So does anyone have any ideas of what is going on and how to fix it?

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,310

What do you mean all you get is the mesh? Are they using different DrawStyles (the sphere icon to the left of the camera/view button in the little clump of controls at top-right of the Viewport)?

• Richard Haseltine said:

What do you mean all you get is the mesh? Are they using different DrawStyles (the sphere icon to the left of the camera/view button in the little clump of controls at top-right of the Viewport)?

Yes, that was the problem. It's ALWAYS the little things.Thanks for the help.