I use a wacom tablet and I am losing the curser

LaakeLaake Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello all
I'm monkeeboymom and new to the forums. I just downloaded 4.5 and I love it. Of course I also got a new computer and that may be part of the reason that I do.
Anyway, I have a problem, actually more than one. First I use a Wacom tablet and about three minutes into turning Daz on my cursor disappears. I know it's still there because when I roll over something accidently it lights up. But trying to get anything done that way is going to put me in a rubber room.
Second, I get a guy looking just the way I want, but when I attempt to make any changes to the pose one of his joints sort of falls apart. I've had a shoulder fold and crumple and an elbow ruffle and split apart.
I've got a big old bunch of other problems but figure they come from my not knowing how to do things yet.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Do you have a regular mouse you can test, in case it's a tablet issue? I have heard of people having disappearing cursor problems, but it doesn't seem to be that frequent.

If you got your figure shaped using the supplied morphs any joint repositioning should have been taken care of for you. Two things to look at - first, are limits on - if you use the parameter slider to move a joint, does it have a limit to its travel or can you spin it round and round, with the slider jumping back to the middle when you release the mouse? Second, how are you posing - saved poses, using the sliders, or by dragging on a body part in the viewport?

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Laake said:
    First I use a Wacom tablet and about three minutes into turning Daz on my cursor disappears. I know it's still there because when I roll over something accidently it lights up. But trying to get anything done that way is going to put me in a rubber room.

I've had this happen to me on my laptop computer wth it's built-in touchpad. Sems to happen when I started moving around and changin things and view rapidly. 1st time it happened, I tried pluging a USB mouse into the laptop, hoping that that might cause the pointer to reappear, but it didnt.