dForce multi GPU ?

Does anybody know a way to make sure DAZ Studio use mutilple GPUs for dForce (of course, without waiting for DAZ to eventually maybe implement it in DAZ Studio in future) ?
   Notice, I know dForce (simulation) is not Iray (rendering), and uses OpenCL (Iray, coming from NVIDIA, uses directly CUDA) to talk to the CUDA driver, but as far as I can see, OpenCL in itself does support the possibility of spreading the computational work across multiple CPUs and/or GPUs.

I activated the NVLink, but I am not sure it helps (in theory not, because apparently for rendering it is automatically used, for simulation computing it is the software that must spread the workload between the GPUs). 

Or can someone suggest another physics engine that I can use with DAZ Studio integrated as simulation engine (I noticed dForce is the only one that I can select, but in the "Advanced" tab of the simulation is in theory possible to select another one), that might be able to leverage the two GPUs ?
   Just to be clear, the goal is to use it for simulating movement of dForce body parts and eventually clothes.

Or at least, does anybody know if in doing the simulations, dForce uses single precision FP16 (I assume it uses floating numbers, that would be normal for physics simulations) or double precision FP32 ? That can be helpful anyway, because I have a card supposedly older but that has bigger FP32 performances, so I could try using that one when I want to do simulations, and the other one for rendering.

Thanks,

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151

dForce uses only one GPU, I am not aware of any way to change that.

While the framework is, apparently, there for adding other engines I am not aware of anything that has been integrated in that way - nor do I know whether the necessary details have been published.