Where are the new updates?

amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 98
edited April 26 in Daz AI Studio

I just received an email notifying me new features have been added to Daz AI Studio, but when I had a look, I can't find them anywhere. 

I was particularly interested in the upscaling feature of this new update. Since I've kept careful records of the prompts and seeds of every single image I've generated so far-  as well as notes on what works and what doesn't in my experiments, I'd hoped to reproduce some of my favorites and upscale them. Purely for my own personal collection. 

I also think the upscaled images feature will be great for generating partial backgrounds for my daz studio renders. 

Has the email notification been sent out too early and the new features just haven't been implemented yet? Or am I missing something? I'm on the premium plan. 

Post edited by amysparkles on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053

My guess is that the notification was a bit early and the new version has not been deployed yet.

It's still quite early in Utah, so maybe later today when Daz people are in the office?

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,386
    edited April 26

You can choose level of quality and two additional character options, and a cancel X

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,346
    edited April 27

My guess is that the notification was a bit early and the new version has not been deployed yet.

Update / Edit:

Working at time of writing are:

Angela 9, Wang 9

Both create interesting looking characters.

Looking forward to experiment further with both of them.

Cancel generation

It is now possible to cancel a generation by clicking on the small "x" in the top right corner.

Quality

Some quick tests did not provide a huge time difference between fast and best. 8 images ~ 25 - 45 seconds.

Any reasons not to choose Best?

Upscaling

A new icon was added on image mouseover that is used for upscaling.

The new icon is located between the download and seed icons.

My current guess is that it adds the upscale request to a non-visible queue.

The image download may be triggered after that background process is finished.

Edited:

Thx MelanieL for the info about the pop-up message.

Thx amysparkles for the info about the image dimensions.

I managed to use upscaling with the square 1024x1024 and horizontal 1152x896 image dimensions.

###

Advertised in Update e-mail but not yet activated / working at time of writing:

Environment / Lighting Lora

Potentially the promo images may have been created a while ago and may show some things that did not make it into todays update.

Environments: Castle, Alchemist Shop,

Lighting: Candle Light

In-Prompt Weighting (Advertised in Updates e-mail)

Not sure if that means that we can add strength modifiers within the prompt now.

(freckles:0.8), (freckles:1.2), freckles-, freckles+, does not seem to make a difference (yet?).

Gain more control with negative and positive prompts and get the look you want

Separate boxes for positive and negative prompts  are not visible (yet?).

###

Daz-AI_cancel_icon.jpg
    214 x 210 - 5K
    Daz-AI_upscaling_icon.jpg
    179 x 208 - 12K
    Daz-AI_charactersjpg.jpg
    216 x 209 - 11K
    Daz-AI_quality.jpg
    178 x 122 - 5K
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,162

I asked the question on the Beta thread. Then I went back to the generated images page and clicked again and I eventually got a message from my browser/AV that Daz was trying to download multiple files. It seems it does work, i.e. enlarges then downloads the image, but may take a while

• amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 98
    edited April 26

I noticed the new updates are up and running now. There must have been a delay between me receiving the email notification and the updates actually going live. I just happened to be browsing my emails when the notification came through. 

It all seems to be functioning correctly, though when I recreated several images I made before, I noticed some subtle differences that did not appear previously - mostly regarding the background. For example: On one recreated image I had a rainbow ray effect before but now I do not, and the print on the front character's tee shirt is a little different. 

Selecting 'fast', 'balanced', 'high' and 'best' also produced slightly different effects using the same prompt and seed. Especially with how the character posed their arms.  

I'll have to experiment with this in greater detail, but overall apart from the subtle changes regarding the before-and-after-update images, the updated Daz AI Studio looks great. :)

Most importantly, for me, the upscaling works flawlessly on my initial test. Though so far I've only tried 1024x1024 to 2048x2048. I'll try the other aspect ratios later.  

Post edited by amysparkles on
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,346

amysparkles said:

[...]

Most importantly, for me, the upscaling works flawlessly on my initial test. Though so far I've only tried 1024x1024 to 2048x2048. I'll try the other aspect ratios later.  

You were on point with that.

I was mostly using the vertical image dimensions for testing...

Upscaling & Image Dimensions

1024x1024 upscaled to 2048x 2048 - working

1152 x 896 upscaled to 2048x 1592 - working

832 x 1216 - (not working for me)

896 x 1152 - (not working for me)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,767

Was hoping image2image would be included, maybe next time ?